FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I removed the outdrive only, not the bell housing or gimbal ring. Do I need to realign the coupler and bell housing? Wouldn't it be aligned if I only removed the drive unit?
You need to at least check the alignment. Alignment changes due to motor mounts colapsing, coupler problems, and possible stringer problems. It has nothing to do with how much you disassembled.
I have an 888.....
What Bondo said, I agree with.....
If you plan on keeping it, purchase an alignment tool in the off season on ebay....
It never hurts to check the alignment......JK