Air Travel

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Air Travel

The last time I flew was Minneapolis to Atlanta about a year ago.<br /><br />Out of four places to be taken aside for the extra frisk and check I was taken aside four times.<br /><br />I am 5ft 9 and weigh 220lbs with a beard.I have naturally darker skin that tans very well.<br />I felt like I was wearing a turban!!!

Xcusme

Commander

Originally posted by JB:<br /> I haven't traveled by commercial air since my Dad died in 1991. The airline canceled my flight and I finally got to the cemetery after everyone else had left. :mad: <br /><br />I now drive everywhere. Just too much hassle, uncertainty and wasted time to fly. It probably takes longer to drive from IN to FL than to fly, provided planes are on time, but you are on your schedule in your car/truck and in control. You can also carry your trusty pocketknife.<br /><br />Expect to spend 2+ hours at the terminal before boarding (if boarding happens on schedule) and at least an hour at your destination before getting out. Prepare to be a sheep in a herd. Prepare for delays and flight cancellations. <br /><br />If I were going to FL from here, I would drive, and The Hideout is farther from MIA than Indy.
Damn Right!! You couldn't get me NEAR another airport for love nor money. Being strip searched by the TSA Gestapo, while their cohorts steal from your luggage, no thanks. I'll drive, thank you

cajun555

Chief Petty Officer

I'm seeing my daughter off at DFW last year, and they've got a sign with pictures of what can't be taken on board a flight. It starts off with pocket knives, nail clippers, anything with a sharp edge, then it really gets interesting when they have handgernades, ak-47, tnt. <br /><br />I've always wondered what the TSA does with all the consficated stuff. Maybe this time of year they sell all this stuff to fund the company christmas party.