Age limit of boat- How old of a boat do you as no thanks ?

Old Ironmaker

Captain
My kicker is 15HP. Power rules. You will be putting around with a 7.5 and boating with a 20. Add people and stuff and you may have a hard time getting upriver with the wind. Do they even make parts for that 7.5? Never heard of 1 up here.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
That game fisher is much older than the boat.

Lots of boats will be popping up for sale in the next 6 weeks.

opalized1

Seaman
Got my 1959 Texas Maid Tahitti, wings and windows, it was a mess when I got it nothing more than a hull pretty much, and yes she could of used a rivet repeening, but I didn't know of such when I started, only reading all the posts here from people with far more knowledge than ill ever have, but boats been on the water every weekend for a year now, and doing great, thank gawd for dual bilge pumps, a cheap life saver. also have a 66 dorsett, and a 60's glasspar, both in very good shape for the age, needing minimal work to get them back on the water, boats are how much your willing to put into them, the best of em sink just like the junk when handled incorrectly. Safe Boating for all

seems I get an unknown error every time I attempt to upload pics, ive compressed them so file size is very small, but no luck sorry guys (167 k file size)

Last edited:

FredDog01

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I keep looking, I'll pass on the tracker. In no rush waiting for something to really catch my eye. Any hints about checking out a boat during winter (now) besides what is listed here. Like buying a pig in a poke. Can't test drive it Only bring a barrel to possibly run the motor..

FredDog01

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Anyone own a smokercraft boat, are they any good? Looking at an ad for a 1998 14ft smoker craft voyager boat , trailer & 9.9 4 stroke honda for $2000. Is this a fair price?

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
They have been around for a long time, making a pretty tough little boat.
And Honda has been making very dependable 4 strokes for over 50 years.

Price? Yes, if all is in good condition.

jkust

Rear Admiral
For a pond jumper, assuming aluminum, I can't see it mattering that much the age. For me and others it boils down to available time to fix or rehab a boat. I don't have even five minutes to spend given how much is going on so any boat needs to be a no issues boat and if there is an issue, I pay the marina to come to my house and service it on my boat lift. I assume most people are in a similar time crunch in this day and age. Aluminum would be a great choice for no hassles or gotcha's that people have with their first fiberglass boat.