Age limit of boat- How old of a boat do you as no thanks ?

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Spotted a 14ft 1998 model / 2nd add was a 2008 model

Those aren't old boats. Mine is a 94' and looks almost new. People not familiar with boats have guessed it to be a 2015.

Fred, we need some W5's to answer any questions, who, what, when, where and why? You need to Google some yourself. Coming in with specific questions tells me you are at least willing to do some of the heavy lifting ie: some of your own research and not leave it to someone else to do for you. I find it happens here a lot. I am on a car forum and they won't bother to answer unless you have taken the time to search for the answer before asking and prove it in the question, they are one tough but knowledgeable laymen, techs and mechanics there. Their rules are 3 pages long!!!!

Johnny D.

FredDog01

Petty Officer 2nd Class
model 1667 2008 / J3ORLSTB 2-stroke 2003 pull start gas/oil mix /trailer yr unknown

NYBo

Admiral
What is the HP rating for the Sea Nymph? If 30 is above the limit, that might give you some additional leverage when negotiating price.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
OK now there is something to go with. Depending on condition and price I would choose the Sea Nymph. I have never been a fan of Crackers, sorry, Trackers, just my opinion based on others experiences, many owners are very happy.. I can't see the HP of the Tracker in the picture. What is it. They are known to sell under powered packages. For either you will want a 30 at least. I believe the hull design on the Sea Nymph would handle better than a shallow Bass Tracker. What model is the Sea Nymph. Let us know what specs you find out about the Sea Nymph. There should be some data here on iboats.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Pass on the tracker, you don't want to deal with that motor.

I fished the wolf many times.
The nymph with the 30 is a far better choice for that river.

fishrdan

Admiral
Steer clear of Tracker, and Gamefisher (Chrysler/Force). I have a 2007 Tracker jon boat, probably the worst purchase I have ever made, cracked welds and cracks around many rivets.

Condition is everything in a used aluminum boat, age is secondary. The SeaNymph is a much better package, well worth the higher cost.

BRL2307

Cadet
wolf river Wisc doesn't but I don't know about the chain of lakes Il

I grew up near the Fox River on the Chain, and my Uncle has a place on the river. My personal opinion is the bigger the boat you have on the weekend, the better. It can get real crowded, and there are quite a few boats over 30 ft at WoT. A smaller boat will get thrown all over the place.

David Young

Chief Petty Officer
20 years old for an aluminum boat isn't anything to worry about. I've also noticed Bass Tracker boats seem to be very underpowered for some reason. A few years ago while looking at boats, Bass Tracker would have a little 60 horsepower motor while other boat manufactures would have around 150 horsepower motors on similar size boats. I wonder why? Good luck on your search :)

Old Ironmaker

Captain
20 years old for an aluminum boat isn't anything to worry about. I've also noticed Bass Tracker boats seem to be very underpowered for some reason. A few years ago while looking at boats, Bass Tracker would have a little 60 horsepower motor while other boat manufactures would have around 150 horsepower motors on similar size boats. I wonder why? Good luck on your search :)

Tracker under powers their lineup of boats to get you in the door. Once you realize, if you do, they are woefully under powered the entry level price soars when they upsell you to the proper HP. I have seen their boats sitting outside Bass Pro, I showed my brother who was interested in them because of the price the terrible welds, some didn't even finish where they should have. On one of their Bass boats had water in each and every livewells and there was water in the bilge just from the rain. We checked the other boats and yep there was water in the storage and livewells on every one of them.

FredDog01

Petty Officer 2nd Class
OK now there is something to go with. Depending on condition and price I would choose the Sea Nymph. I have never been a fan of Crackers, sorry, Trackers, just my opinion based on others experiences, many owners are very happy.. I can't see the HP of the Tracker in the picture. What is it. They are known to sell under powered packages. For either you will want a 30 at least. I believe the hull design on the Sea Nymph would handle better than a shallow Bass Tracker. What model is the Sea Nymph. Let us know what specs you find out about the Sea Nymph. There should be some data here on iboats.

7.5 hp gamefisher on the tracker / looks like a v 1667 ? model sea nymph