Aftermarket Pistons for Merc????

green95hoe

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Aug 8, 2002
Messages
13
Help. :confused: I aquired a 90 HP Mercury that had no compression on the lower most cyl. I stripped the block and pulled the crank and found that the piston is shot. :eek: I need a new one and while im at it I should get the other 2 since they are shady. Somebody Please tell me that there is an aftermarket company that makes these so I dont have to pay 166 dollars per piston and 80 per ring. :mad: Thats Brad
 

joe-doggs

Cadet
Joined
Jun 26, 2002
Messages
20
Re: Aftermarket Pistons for Merc????

L.A. Sleeve ( los Angeles sleeve company ); Land & Sea ( New Hampshire ); WEISCO Piston, and a few others make/distribute aftermarket pistons for this engine - problem is - is that if you are replacing a partial set - you are going to have a balance problem ( IE unlikely a WEISCO custom forged piston will weigh the same as what you have ) Also search e-bay - lots of people sell factory pistons for Mercury. Otherwise - if you do not use factory mercury pistons - you will have to take out at least one other piston & gram-match the new one to it - otherwise your motor may shake ..
 

green95hoe

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Aug 8, 2002
Messages
13
Re: Aftermarket Pistons for Merc????

thanx joe, I just did a search and managed to come up with this. Im much happier now. For the price these guys have im just gonna get three new pistons and they come with rings and wrist pin/clips as well. <br /><br /> http://seilermarine.com/wiseco/wis3020.htm
 
Top