After 3 years of searching...I finally bought a Lone Star

kentuckydiesel

Seaman Apprentice
Loved the Cruise Liner's hull design from the first time I saw pictures of them.

Finally found one in running condition, with the original lone star trailer which had just been gone through with new rollers, bearings, seals, and tires...and the price was right. Even the wife is happy!

Cruise Liner.JPG

Some guy got the boat from his Grandfather (who was the original owner), decided to remove the roof and make a walkthrough out of it. He actually did a pretty decent job, though the boat's name doesn't seem fitting. :rolleyes:
He eventually got bored with it and sold it to another guy who had it for 5 years and had only taken it out twice....so I bought it (and had to drive 450 miles to get it.) :D

Has twin Johnson 70hp "looper" outboards and runs great. I knew I would like this hull, but I had no idea how much I would like it until I got to run the boat around the Ohio river yesterday. Planes very well and slices right through 2' wake at 25mph.

Now I just need to get the props right so I can get the 40-45mph out of it that I should be getting. :chuncky:

-Phillip

gangofjames

Cadet
Re: After 3 years of searching...I finally bought a Lone Star

Just an idea...

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 0