Aft cover

lamphega

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I ordered my aft cover today, very excited about that. Love that Aristocraft cares enough about their old boats to stock parts. I would have ordered windows too but currently out of stock. When they have some more I will do that too. Getting closer to having my lovely lady back in the water!

ziggy

Admiral
Re: Aft cover

way to go lamphega. sounds like yer gonna have a new boat when yer done.. i'll be interested to find out if it has snaps installed on it. another thread here on iboats a fella got his oem (not an AristoCraft) cover w/o snaps. reason was per the thread that if they make a 1000 boats, no 2 will have the snaps in the same place... let us know if that's how it is for AristoCraft too.

bummer about no side window available. i must have got some of the old ones still on hand. the tape they (AristoCraft) used to pack them had been on the windows a long time as the sticky part stayed on the window and was horrible to remove. at least when ya get some, maybe ya won't have that problem. hope they get some windows made up soon for ya. imho, to take advantage of the aft curtain ya gotta have side windows so your snug as a bug in a rug when your aft curtain is deployed.

i'll be interested to find out if ya deploy your aft curatin in bad weather, while 'on' the lake. sure is a lot of fun.... bouncing up and down in the waves and wind, standing on the aft sun deck to snap the final snaps on. then go foward walking down the gunnels of the boat to get back in the ft. center window panal. i always wear my pfd for such a manuver as i'm sure i'm gonna go into the drink. though i've not yet done that. at some point it wouldn't surprise me if i fall in... hence the pfd.. i've deployed the curtain at night too. same excitment... ;)

lamphega

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Aft cover

The cover comes with a bag of snaps I will need to install-as you said, all boats being slightly different. I will use the cover at night and in the rain but along with the top and windows when I get them I am planning to keep the boat in a slip this summer. Along with a good auto bilge I think I will be set.