Advise needed on rigging (Yamaha auxilliary power cable)

TopShot25

Cadet
Does anyone know how to run an auxiliary power cable through the big rubber grommet on a Yamaha F-150? All the wires and hoses have there own dedicated holes. Do you drill out the rubber or what? The instructions say to refer to the rigging guide. I don?t have one and I can?t locate one on the Yamaha web site. They make it sound like you just pull it through the hole. That would be easy enough if there were an extra hole.

On my port engine I just used the hole for the speedometer hose since it?s not hooked up anyway. If anyone knows how to hook up a GPS to the speedometer, I could disconnect that hose also. I know you can use a GPS for speed but I haven?t been able to find out which wires to the gauge are the NMEA wires. Anyone have any thoughts on this I would appreciate it.

Thanks, John

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Advise needed on rigging (Yamaha auxilliary power cable)

you have to cut out the hole in the plug, if your using the digital non command link guage package then you will need the GPS signal lead wire to hook your speedo/fuel management to the GPS.

TopShot25

Cadet

Thank you Rodbolt. That plug is so nicely laid out I don't really want to start cutting on it. Besides the fact that it is about 3 or 4 inches thick, I could do it but I like things to look like they came from the factory. I would rather hook up the GPS as I had planned to do this all along. It has just been one of those things on my to do list and this seems like the time to move it up and take care of it.

I have the wiring diagram for the gauges (Yamaha F-150 twins, 2005), although I can see the plug on the wiring diagram I don't see an extra plug of any kind on the back of the gauge. Is this as simple as it sounds or does it replace something. My wires are tied together and hard to see so I may be missing something.

Sorry for all the questions but the dealer I bought my Parker 2520 from in Cal. is about as close to no help on anything as you can be.

I will look into getting the lead for the GPS

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

look on the back of the guage.
you will see a rubber plug, remove it and you will see the connector for the GPS lead assy.
you will have to contact the GPS manufacturer to get the wire colores to hook up to the yamaha lead.