Adding power trim fluid to an OMC Cobra

cobra 3.0

Lieutenant Commander
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 31, 2003
Messages
1,797
What fluid is commonly used in OMC Cobra power trims? Do I need to stick to the OMC brand or can I use something else? Mine is a little low because when I trim all the way up, I loose hydraulic suction(the motor goes fine). If I don't go all the way up, it works fine. I don't think any fluid was ever added to this 21 year old boat.

I presume I just need to add fluid until it flows out of the fill hole? (My Clymer's doesn't really cover this well.) Should I be trimmed all the way up or down...or does it not make a difference either way?
 

Coors

Captain
Joined
Dec 8, 2006
Messages
3,367
Re: Adding power trim fluid to an OMC Cobra

Full tilt up; Dextron 11
 

cobra 3.0

Lieutenant Commander
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 31, 2003
Messages
1,797
Re: Adding power trim fluid to an OMC Cobra

thank you!
 
Top