A Wreck in the family! (Picture)

rwise

Captain
Re: A Wreck in the family! (Picture)

Get her a new car, and just be glad she is okay!

aspeck

Staff member

Glad the Mrs. is okay - but get the shoulder checked out!<br /><br />Maybe it was the oil???? ;p

aspeck

Staff member

Yikes! Double post!

LubeDude

Admiral

Thanks for all the support everyone. Still not sure what to do about replacing the car, caught us at a bad time as there isnt much extra cash laying around and I dont borrow money for cars. Car is still drivable as it is, just doesnt look like much. I may still repair it agian. when I get my new camera, I will post a few pictures. I had repainted it just two years ago and it looked nice. Found another 87 RX/7 one owner that is in awesome shape, [hard to find a one owner that hasnt been wrecked also], it just doesnt have air conditioning. Which might be OK, as we have air in the truck and we dont need it here on the coast. We could take the truck if we go inland in the summer.<br /><br />She kinda remembers, but it happened so fast she doent have details, Strange I couldnt find where it happened. There should be a mark on the guardrail, [apears to go from left to right] and I should be able to see where she went into the ditch, not to mention what she hit with the door. I think it was a reflector or mileage marker.

aspeck

Staff member

Wow! A triple post! That is a first for me!

LubeDude

Admiral

Well, cant find parts, and wiffy wants another RX/7 and its not like I dont know how to work on em, so its off to look at a 1987 one owner, garage kept, never wrecked or painted on, tomorrow, hope its as nice as he says. Dang I hate to car shop, most everyone lies about the condition. Guess they dont know who they are dealin with huh? :eek:

Braxton

Chief Petty Officer

glad to hear shes ok LD, its all that matters anyhow, good luck on fixing the car, Braxton

LubeDude

Admiral

Well, for those interested:<br /><br />Went to see the car, actually it was a decent car and well taken care of, "BUT"!<br /><br />I didnt ask appropriate questions on the phone thinking I knew more than I actually did. :rolleyes: <br /><br />You see, there are three main platforms on the RX/7s of that vintage, The base model which has 4 hole wheels and drum brakes in the rear, the GTU and turbo style which has 4 wheel disk brakes, [not all have the GTU decals], and the convertable. I was under the impression that all the GTU style models had the full accesory package. Power everything. Windows, mirrors, rear wiper etc. Well, I was wrong, [again], I hate it when that happens. :p Anyway, it didnt have power windows, mirrors, Cruise control or anything so we passed.<br /><br />On the way home the wife said, "I dont think I want another RX/7, Its time to move on with something else. Plus, with the grand kids now I think we need a back seat of sorts". Well, she isnt ready for a 4 door. :D So now we are looking a Z28s. :eek: I told ya she likes sports cars. :cool: The IROC Zs are in our price range.

Ron G

Commander

I had an iroc fast car fun to drive.BUT will give you back troubles if you do alot of driving,did me anyway,glad wifes okay.

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by Ron G:<br /> BUT will give you back troubles if you do alot of driving,did me anyway,glad wifes okay.
Bad seat design, or the firm ride??<br /><br />Cant see it riding any firmer than the RX/7 does.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Sure is taking along time to get that new camera Lube'. We want pictures NOW! :D

joblo33

Chief Petty Officer

If you have all the accessories in the beat up car why not make it a parts car and swap everything over to that other RX-7?<br />Eric

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by Eric B:<br /> If you have all the accessories in the beat up car why not make it a parts car and swap everything over to that other RX-7?<br />Eric
Because I like to fish and spend time with the wife. Do you have any Idea what you are asking??? Besides having to remove the entire dash, you would have to change over the entire wiring harness, not to mention all the airconditioning hardware involved, No thanks, I wouldnt even concider it. :eek:

LubeDude

Admiral

So dont you think that a little bondo will take care of it?<br /><br />
wrecked_rx7_c.jpg
<br /><br />She says it dosent drive quite right, so I guess I shouldnt let her drive it anymore.

steamboatwilly

Petty Officer 1st Class

Glad shes alright.Looks like itd drive ok,just tie the hood down so it wouldn come back and do more damage.

LubeDude

Admiral

I cant let this go too long without telling ya all that this isnt the car. This one is actually newer than hers.<br /><br />I just havnt had a chance to take pictures of it yet,<br /><br />My Bad!

brother chris

Commander

LD, you mean your wife drove that home, in that condition :eek: :eek: :eek: <br />It does not look like it could drive straight at all. <br />But I am glad she is okay.

ZodFutMk2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I thot it was a bit odd that in a previous post you said it could still be driven...<br /><br />Have your wife checked out...mine thought her chest pain was just because the air bag deployed...she broke her collar bone from the impact against the door.<br /><br />Tell your better half to get healthy soon!

TilliamWe

Banned

Lubedude, "they can buff that out no problem, those guys are miracle workers"!