A Wreck in the family! (Picture)

LubeDude

Admiral
It was the RX/7, wifes car, so much for trying to get it to 300,000 miles, its toast. Wifes fine, has a sore shoulder.<br /><br />Strange thing is that it happened in the dusk of the evening, road was wet, but wasnt raining, not driving too fast for the conditions, [She is a great driver]. :confused: But just lost control, she dosent remember anything, we couldnt even find where it happened today. Some people stopped and helped her out of the ditch and she drove on home. Front bumper cover, [Guard rail] drivers door and rocker, [Sign or post of some sort], left rear quarter and tail light. [Bank or something like that]. Bummer, she really loved that car. :eek: <br /><br />Im very frustrated at not really knowing what happened, but what ya gonna do. :rolleyes:

ZmOz

Captain
Re: A Wreck in the family! (Picture)

Full coverage? :D <br /><br />It's hard to remember things like that. I don't remember much about wrecking my old truck, I just remember some horrible noises and then sitting there sideways with static on the radio and some guy banging on my window. :eek:

11 footer

Lieutenant

Are you sure the insurance company is going to total it?<br /><br />Thats really a bummer, I've never gotten in a accident before, (knock on wood), but how can you not know what happend? Espechally if she wasn't speeding, could she have blacked out or somthing?<br /><br />Got any picts of the car? If there is any question weather the insurance is gonna total it or not, I could tell you what the'll do by looking at it. I'm on school for this stuff, remember? ;)

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

It's too early for black ice LubeDude. Was she talkin on her cell phone? :p <br /><br />Sorry about the mishap, glad the Mrs is OK.

SoulWinner

Commander

As long as she is ok, that is all that matters.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Similar happened to a cousins son.<br />50mph zone, he was doing 45.<br />It WAS raining.<br />He was on the way to the hospital to visit grandfather.<br />Frontwheel drive car.<br />Witnesses (lots) said he just spun.<br />Hit a tree sideways.<br />Car crumpled around it.<br />He crushed both legs below the knees.<br />Then his seat bounced out of the car back onto the road, with him still in it.<br /><br />From the looks of the accident scene, you would bet he was doing 80.<br /><br />To this day, he doesn't remember anything of the day.<br /><br />Glad the wife is ok.

ZmOz

Captain

Originally posted by Ryan T.:<br />but how can you not know what happend?
Often highly stressful and/or painful situations are blocked out. Accidents are highly stressful and painful. ;)

FLATHEAD

Captain

Sounds like hydroplane. Glad she is allright.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Even a RX-7 is just "stuff".<br /><br />"Stuff" can be lived without or replaced.<br /><br />Really glad that what cannot be replaced is okay.

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by ZmOz:<br /> Often highly stressful and/or painful situations are blocked out. Accidents are highly stressful and painful. ;)
Yep, the human brain is pretty clever when it comes to traumatic incidents like this, it takes one look at the situation, sorks out what the likely outcome is and then says "Heck, I'm shutting down cos I don't want to see the next bit!" You gotta love the way the human body is designed :cool: <br /><br />Really glad Mrs Lubedude is okay, like JB and others have said, stuff can be replaced people are a lot more difficult to patch up and fix, not even seafoam works on people :D

txswinner

Banned

If it has been dry for a while the road is slickest rain after a light mist or rain begins. Oil floats remember and off the road she goes. Check out that shoulder, make sure she can pick a light object over her head. Hope all are well, the car can be replaced.

rattana

Chief Petty Officer

We just had rain up here for the first time in quite a while and the roads were very slick the first day. Lots of accidents with the slipping and sliding. Glad your wife is okay.

davemaxi1970

Petty Officer 1st Class

pehaps a poor quality set of tyres ?I once had a car that spun every time it was wet even at low speed ,the tyres looked great gripped good in the dry but lethal in the wet ,changed the tyres and all was well .(woosung was the brand avoid!) ps my friend has a 1990 rx7 turbo 11 its fast cool but not the best at stopping could this be a factor?

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

Hey LD,<br /><br />Another milestone not reached. Hmmmmmm. As long as the little lady made it through with only a sore shoulder, nothing else matters.<br /><br />Glad to hear she's OK.

LubeDude

Admiral

We are used to diving in the rain here, and are fully aware of the fresh rain thing, and have no cell phone so that wasnt the problem, I guess its just one of those things we will never know. Bugs her too, she was in tears when she got home. It was so sad, I went out to meet her and there she was crying with a very sad face and all she could say was, "I wrecked my little car"!<br /><br />Sadly, just had liability on the car, car was totaled by the insurance company a couple years ago because of a buch of rocks that fell out of the back of a dump truck, Another story. Insurance company wouldnt cover it for anything besides liability after that. Cars not worth much anyway with the miles it had, maybe $1,500.00 is all. It has paid for its self about 10 times over with all the money I have made off of insurance. I could fix it, but it has been wrecked so many times, (Always been someone elses fault untill now), Id have to put air shocks on that side to hold up the extra weight from all the bondo on the car. :p :p Cars showing its age, and its just time to repalace it I think.<br /><br />Just put new tires on it this spring and just licensed it last month. :mad: I can sell it to someone for parts for a few bucks, and find something else. Funny thing is that the wife has already been looking at another RX/7. Like I said, she really liked that car. :eek: Shes also looking at a Toyota MX2. :D I think she likes sports cars. :cool: :cool:

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

LubeDude, glad she is OK.<br /><br />I really liked the RX-8 that I test drove, and the price is not too bad.<br /><br />Ken

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by Flahthead:<br /> Sounds like hydroplane. Glad she is allright.
I was thinking that myself - how were the tires?<br /><br />Sean

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

LD, I had an accident similar to that. Found out that one of my rear tires was low on air. Went around the curve and the tire rolled over on to the sidewall. That was the end of my Triumph GT6+. I'll still cry over the loss of the car, but very very thankful that the pole I hit didn't take my life. That is the one accident that made me look at life differently.<br /><br />Thankfully your Mrs is OK. Maybe you should have her checked out. Something had to hit her head to erase what happened. I know it took me awhile to come to my normal senses.

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Hi LD, Its good to hear that the missus came out of it fine :) <br /><br />Time for her to go fishing, its the best therapy ;)

BF

Lieutenant

that's not good. When's the last time she had a physical? I'm thinkin' maybe she blacked out while driving, and then the car drove itself into the ditch. It could be why she doesn't remember it. Or any chance she dozed off? The not remembering thing doesn't sound right to me. Did she whack her head?<br /><br />Anyway, it's sure good that she didn't hit something solid, (like another car)! Could've been mucho worse.