A Little Drawin'

southkogs

Staff member
Alright ... another iPad drawing app to play with. I'd done wood and glass, so here's an aluminum boat:

TIN BOAT.jpg

I've got one more program to play around with ...

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Do you know the Starmada is an unruly mob, Kogs? I do love the reg #s. :lol:

southkogs

Staff member
Do you know the Starmada is an unruly mob, Kogs?
Yeah ... I mighta' taken a chance or two on this one :)

I was really going to do something more serious, then I saw Smokeonthewater's "but where are the reevits" signature on a post ... sense of humor kicked in from there. I've got a couple of more to play with sooooo ... we'll see what get's targeted next.

southkogs

Staff member
I worked with the last app that I wanted to try on the iPad last night. It's really designed more for design illustration/rendering than really "drawing" (think home interior sketches that you see when building a house). It did okay for some things, but I got a little derailed and the result wasn't all that good:

Algosoo_zps5d633ccb.jpg~original

Recognizable, but not what I wanted. Total non-boating "doodle" here, but the app I did the sketch of the Silverine in is a pretty capable app:

EYE_zps0cf0304a.jpg~original

And that painting of the eye is about 30" x 30" in a printable resolution (technically, so is the drawing of the Silverline).

These two aren't off the iPad. Someone mentioned Old Thompsons and Lymans earlier, and this is a sketch I did years ago (real pencil and paper):

Lyman.jpg

And just 'cuz it's boats, one more of the City of Detroit III - an excursion boat that ran the Detroit River and my Grandfather remembered both being in the salon of (all mahogany) and getting in trouble for swimming under her keel while was at the pier:

City of Detroit.jpg

So, kinda' a dumpy iPad drawing but I tried to make up for it with a couple of pieces from way back when.

Last edited:

southkogs

Staff member
Playing with a few more things ... gotta' kick outta' doing the cartoon, so here's another:

Hull Hole.jpg

Last edited:

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Been playin' with the iPad again. Thought I'd toss a couple more up. I gotta' go back and find the old ones now that Photobucket has gone so crazy (went on their site: it's a mess!)]
Awesome!

southkogs

Staff member
Bored to death waiting for some renderings ... digital version of watching paint dry, so was doodling outboards and came up with this:
Spleen.png