A friend & suicide

D

DJ

Re: A friend & suicide

F'in,<br /><br />My dad's freind, as I mentioned did the same thing.<br /><br />I'll NEVER forget what happened after that.<br /><br />My dad sat me down, on the porch of the mans home, and said:<br /><br />-"you remember "Johnnie" as we knew him. Pulling in a Coho or going after grouse. He was known for his eagerness in the field or on the water.<br /><br />-his children (names withheld) are still your freinds.<br /><br />-Johnnie had some problems that he felt could not be handled, in this world. I will forever disagree. There is nothing in this world that we can't handle. But, he was our freind". <br /><br />Dad's words in quotes.<br /><br />Those words are burned into my soul. <br /><br />As mentioned, they saw so much devistation together, during WWII. It just doesn't figure how one could deal with it and another not.<br /><br />As for my high school freinds, I never could figure. For both, I saw them the night before their death. I had NO idea they were hurting. However, I was not that close. That's no excuse, I know.<br /><br />In any event, stay close to those that are hurting. Be an example of a SURVIVOR. The children need that. Teach them about resiliance and character. A heavy load, no doubt. <br /><br />You can/will do it.<br /><br />God Bless.

LadyFish

Admiral

f_in, my heart goes out to you. :( <br /><br />Hang in there buddy. I'm sending mucho thoughts and prayers your way.

Black69

Seaman Apprentice

I can't even begin to tell you how many suicides I have investigated. In almost every one, the person had some type of pain, or problem, that they had problems dealing with. Most friends, family etc. never saw any sign and many won't believe that they took their own life and still believe they were murdered. Sometimes they will share their problems with their closest friends and many times they will prefer to handle it on their own. If only we could see into everyone's heart and know their true feelings.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Words seem sadly inadequate. I am so sorry for your families loss.