A devastatingly sad story!

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Just a note to keep you abreast of my boat restoration project. Some time this last weekend, someone(s) gained entry into the 40 foot storage container that housed my new 331 longblock and my original 302 (still extremely servicable) and carted them both off. Fortunately, I had most of the engine accessories in my garage, but they got the fuel pump, motor mount bolts and rubber pads (omc) and the remainder of the ARP engine bolt kit. The 331 also had the OMC adaptor plate bolted on it. I am sick to my stomach and am having trouble coming to grips with it. I am not in any position to replace it, not to mention the effort to round up all the ancillary parts.<br /> <br />My containers are in a gated industrial facility and whoever it was must have known the combination to the gate. There were no signs of forcible entry into the yard. I have two containers, sitting one behind the other and the motors were in the rear container which has low visibility to the common area. Even should someone have walked by the front container while I had the doors open to the rear container, they would not have been able to readily discern that there were two motors under various wraps. Further more, for the last two months, any vehicle access to the rear container had been blocked by the neighboring tenant's equipment, so these motors had to be carried out about 30' by hand. I had been waiting for the landlord to get the Tenant's goods moved, so I could access the container with my forklift and take the motor to an enclosed area to paint it.<br /> <br />There are no witnesses and of course the Sheriff did no more than file a perfunctory report. I assume that the deed was done by someone who worked, or had worked for one of the businesses that use the yard. I have notified several of the owners regarding the event. It would be a miracle if any leads were to develop in this matter. I'll have to just play it by ear from here on out. I guess I'll finally get the trunk of my Mustang cleared off. Not the way I had planned that it would happen, however.<br /><br />It's times like this that you really have to keep in mind that there are others with real problems that pale in comparison to this.

Triton II

Commander
Re: A devastatingly sad story!

Sorry to hear about this... hope you have a record of the engine numbers and that whoever has taken them get what they deserve.

Dunaruna

Admiral

That sucks big time!<br /><br />I know you've put a lot of time and effort into this project, still got all winter to put plan B into effect. Don't let these scum beat ya boom.<br /><br />They'll get theirs - one day.<br /><br />P.S. I can't help but wonder if there might be cheap 302's floating about in the i-boats world.<br /><br />Aldo

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I'm very sorry to hear of this Boomyal. It does sound like an inside job. I hope you get your motors back.

KaGee

Admiral

I'm so sorry Boom.... I had read your postings in the restoration section... I know you got to be heart sick. I know I sure would.

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

I am very sorry to hear that Boom. I hope they catch the ******** who did it!<br /><br />AK Chappy

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Awww, Boomer, That's just plain awful. :mad: <br /><br />However, there may be a silver lining. When that sort of thing has happened to me it has taken longer to reach the goal, but having to replace and adapt has often produced even better results.<br /><br />Good luck. :)

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Been there, done that.<br /><br />Had my 66 Impala SS in storage and the idoiots pulled off a wall, and proceded to steal the entire top half of the motor. Heads, intake, carb, distributor, etc.<br /><br />Didnt even call the cops, there was nothing they could do.<br /><br />It was on my dads property, so no insurance.<br /><br />Ken

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

Just another example of some sh*thead screwin over someone who has put their heart and soul into something.<br /><br />I've never had the misfortune of somebody doing that to me Boom but I do feel for you. Like everyone else here, I hope you are able to recover and/or adapt in some way.<br /><br />Best of luck.

LubeDude

Admiral

Man, thats a tough one Boomer, sorry to hear about it.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

That draws some SERIOUS VACUUM! What kind of insurance does this gated industrial facility have, that you may be able to recoup some of your loss?<br />I hope.<br />Well, these scum are everywhere these days. They even lurk the woods, sometimes armed. We cannot prevent them from invading our lives, sometimes, in ways more horrible than what you are going thru.<br />I'm sure that one day, they'll get thier just reward.<br />In the meantime, I wouldn't give up on my dreams, or they have hit you twice.

NYMINUTE

Captain

What goes around.....they will be repaid, odd how they won't remember why it happened to them. Its times like this the cream rises to the top. Keep your spirit.

LadyFish

Admiral

Sorry about your misfortune Boomyal. There is nothing lower than a theif. :(

sangerwaker

Commander

Terribly sorry Boomy. I know what it's like to be ripped off as well, and it ain't fun. I sure hope you can find a way (soon) to recoop.

Luna Sea

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I know the feeling, down in yer gut, when something like that happens. Keep an eye on ebay, for what that's worth. Oh, and enjoy the holidays, you'll come up with a plan. Good luck!

SoulWinner

Commander

It's times like this that you really have to keep in mind that there are others with real problems that pale in comparison to this.<br />
Well, you have the right attitude for sure. Something this Chirstian doesn't always do. I will pray that your stuff is returned to you. I am reallysorry to hear about this. <br /><br />Yesterday my son was fired from his job, and this week an ebay scam artist took him for $1200. :mad: 'Tis the season i guess :rolleyes:

malibu4u

Petty Officer 1st Class

I am so sorry to hear that you got broken into Boom. I can imagine how you feel as I had my 9.9 hp stolen but my insurance company was good to me and I made up the loss except for that feeling in your gut that never quite goes away after thiefs invade your priviacy. Sure hope things work out for you. Thinking of you up here in the North Land.

aspeck

Staff member

Hope your insurance is good Boom! And get the cannon ready for WHEN you find the buggers that did this to ya. It just ain't right, dude!

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by LadyFish:<br /> Sorry about your misfortune Boomyal. There is nothing lower than a theif. :(
LF, my SCUM meter agrees...I just checked it, and sure enough, there at the top of the list was THIEF...but running right beside it, and parallel, was LIAR...my momma always did tell me that a thief will lie, and a liar will steal...no honor!!!