FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I've got the crummy, peeling/clearcoat paint thing going on, in a few spots on roof, it's black paint, should I try some steel wool, black primer and spray can auto paint? Any hints would be great, Thanks!
Wet sanding and re-clear coating is about all that can be done, I had it happen on one of my vehicles and it is a pain in the rear to get it looking good again!
Did some repairs last night, the lightly oxidized section above pass. door came out great, wet sanded w/ 400 grit, tacked, primed and painted, the roof not so good yet, I'll really have to wet sand the heck out of it to smooth it out lots better, but hey looks lots better! Going to be a little bit a day til I get it done
In the used car business I have these repairs done all the time.
Their is no way to cut corners if you want it to last. You have to
do both the basecoat and clearcoat.
Unless of course your going to dump it soon, an old used car trick is
to just respray the clear it will look great for a little while.