'99 VIP 184

crackerjack

Seaman
100-0973.jpg

vipzach

Lieutenant
Re: '99 VIP 184

Nice looking boat!!!! I wish mine had the big sundeck, instead of just the doghouse! Then my wife would quit complaining.8) Nice looking boat though!

rocky100

Petty Officer 3rd Class

;)You made a good choice there!
That is basically what mine looks like---more dark blue on hull, though---
I love mine--only thing, though, I cant figure out to to best hang bumpers off the side---one is tied to the windshield frame and I cant figure where the other should tie on.
I`m thinking about having some cleats added---how do u handle the "bumper predicament?"

rocky

MikDee

Banned

That boat is beautiful! Yrs ago I went to the boat show on Long Island, and saw the VIP boats when they first came out, I really wanted to buy one but didn't have the money. Of All the boats at the show, only the VIP had me longing for it! I'll never forget how much I wanted that boat, and later on when I was looking for a good used boat, I never could find one, they are rare, Good Luck, Mike

javsam

Chief Petty Officer

wow,agree with the rest,that is a nice boat!

VIP2006

Recruit

I Love My Vip, Anyone Know Where To Find Good Info On Vip Boats . There Doesnt Seem To Find Much Out There.

crackerjack

Seaman

Past due for another update. Added the tower spring '08.
DIYwake collapsible tower, Boss speakers, Pyle marine amp, 3-step stainless ladder, all for $750...

DSCF0494.jpg

DSCF0489.jpg

DSCF0464.jpg

CBRep

Cadet

Hello everybody!

My name is Kenneth. I work at Caddo Manufacturing here in Vivian Louisiana. I am the systems administrator here at this company. I am not a great boating expert but I have worked at this factory for 20 years now (mostly when the plant was owned by Vivian Industries, Inc. (VIP)). The company, Caddo Manufacturing, LLC. is a new company (not the same owners and operators). They have retained most of the experts that worked for Vivian Industries.

Since we are now trying to get more internet presence I have signed up here to try an answer some of the boating questions you might have. We believe our boats can stand up to public scrutiny and hold their own in quality and workmanship. Even though, we cannot acquire parts and materials that made the older VIP, Deckliner, and BayStealth lines. We may still be able to help those seeking answers to their questions.

I personally, don't know every detail about these boats. But we have people here that know quite a bit. It is preferred that other people answer what they can so that people help people with ideas and solutions. But if it seems no one can answer, maybe we can get you an answer. We do prefer email because that allows us to forward the email to the people that could best answer the question. They will most likely reply back to the originating address with the appropriate answers.

Our web site is http://www.caddoboats.com. We have a contacts page there that also lists other email boxes that might be more appropriate for your questions. My email is kenneth@caddoboats.com. You should know that currently, I only work 2 days per week. So I cannot reply instantly to your queries. You should give it at least a week.

We did not want to start our own forum for boats because we are not web developers but boat builders. I feel it best to try and project a presence to those places that are already out there.

I am not here to try and sell you a boat. I am not here to rave and toot about the way our boats are built. That is the job of the speaking public (and our marketing department). I am just trying to support what we sell.

By the way, those are some nice looking boat pictures you posted. :)

crackerjack

Seaman
Texas Tornado victim; '99 VIP 184

Texas Tornado victim; '99 VIP 184

IMG_0279.jpg

Unfortunate update on my '99 VIP 184 Viva; It was a victim of last weeks tornados that struck the Dallas-Ft. Worth metroplex area. A tornado severely damaged my home, boat and other property. Fortunately nobody was home and there were no injuries. The twister spun the boat and trailer from my driveway into the front yard, then dropped a large oak branch that smashed the drivers side windshield. There's a few other nicks and gouges but nothing that I couldn't either live with or fix. Problem is, I cannot locate a replacement windshield. The www.caddoboats.com (VIP) website is up, but the phone number is disconnected and nobody responds to email. Anybody know who the windshield supplier was, or how to get ahold of them? Or where I can get a new or used drivers side windshield?

I'd even consider replacing everything with one of those low profile plexiglass windshields. Anyone know a source for those?

I couldn't use the boat much last season 'cause all the Texas lakes were dangerously low. Now the lakes are full and my boat gets hit by a d@mn twister!!!

All responses appreciated.

IMG_0278.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0278.jpg
    IMG_0278.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0279.jpg
    IMG_0279.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 1

crackerjack

Seaman
Update 8 years later;
My insurance company totaled the boat so I put the money toward fixing my house but bought the boat back for next to nothing. In the following months I removed the windshield, pulled the carpet, and sanded & painted the trailer. It sat unused but covered for a few years while the house was rebuilt and i redid the yard & landscaping. About three years ago I had to remove the sun deck vinyl and rebuild the plywood sun deck cover. I found a matching vinyl at an upholstery shop and had them use the old as a template to make the new one. I stretched it and stapled it over the foam cushions onto the new sun deck. At that same time I used cardboard to mock up a custom windshield, then used the cardboard as patters to cut pieces of tinted plexiglass. I sanded the edges, used a heat gun to shape it, found stainless mounting brackets and set the bottom edge in rubber u-channel. I probably got carried away when I replaced my 3.0 stamped steel valve cover with a stripped & polished aluminum cover from an older merc engine, but I thought it looked cool šŸ˜Ž.

Where thereā€™s a will, plus patience and imagination, there is away... šŸ˜Š

Attachments

• photo333646.jpg
    photo333646.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 1
  • photo333647.jpg
    photo333647.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 1
  • photo333648.jpg
    photo333648.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 1
  • photo333649.jpg