97 FORCE 90 HP Ran Hot

FMC

Recruit
Re: 97 FORCE 90 HP Ran Hot

what is it with force iv got the same thing going on right to the tee.i was putin mine back together and my shifting rod came off in the lower unit can ya help me i dont have the $$$ to put in the shop. :confused:

manowar

Petty Officer 2nd Class

if the cylinders are ok enough for factory specs that is best you wont get a alot more power if bored larger and if the factory spec can be restored use factory pistons if you need to replace them also its worth it to have all other cylinders honed while the motors apart I cleaned all other motor parts till it looked new every nook and cranny make sure you do a air pressure cleaning before you reassmble you should place bolts for head in a separate baggy etc. hey will be here for any thing else boat stores might run you around a couple of times before they tell you what you really need they did me well good luck

Bobby Powell

Petty Officer 3rd Class

UPDATE:<br />Well to rough to put her in the water today NE 20-30 mph winds...think I'll wait for a motor test.<br /><br />Bobby

Bobby Powell

Petty Officer 3rd Class

UPDATE: :) :cool: :) :cool: :) :cool: :) <br /><br />Off of work, calm day, took the boat out and she ran like a champ! <br /><br />Only one problem, she bogged down 1 time and if I tried to go over 2000 rpm's she cut off. Restarted and then idled for a minute then same thing...choked it a couple times while applying throttle cured the problem and didn't happen the rest of the day...if it does it again, then time to start a new topic :D <br /><br />Thanks for the help guys.<br />Bobby