96' Force 120 running rough/backfiring after new parts installed

perna00

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
249
The scenerio is that my engine was running perfect; smooth, power, everything. Then I lost spark in my engine. I ended up taking it to a shop and they changed out the stator, trigger, checked the cdm's and gave it back saying they couldn't figure it out. I changed the flywheel and got spark back. Now the engine will not run unless I start it and keep the idle arond 1500 rpm. If I run it lower than that; it will backfire and stop the engine instantly. When I run it at 1500; it is still rough. Maybe a wire is loose or something is not set correctly now? Any advice?
 

moparman

Petty Officer 1st Class
Joined
Oct 14, 2008
Messages
314
Re: 96' Force 120 running rough/backfiring after new parts installed

Its possible you might have a wire loose, you also need to check over all the work that the shop did ,and also look at your timing,and link/synch, there's no telling what you might find. Look it over good and post back to us what you find. MOPARMAN
 

perna00

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
249
Re: 96' Force 120 running rough/backfiring after new parts installed

Thanks for the info guys. I figured out the timing was off 3 degrees and that they mixed the cdm harnesses. 1 & 2 were switched. Runs great now!
 
Top