Re: '95 Force 120
Ok, I'd say we are getting closer.<br />You may have lost compression on one cylinder, but I think you would have to lose compression on 2 cylinders to restrict your speed to 10 mph.<br />And with 2 cylinders down, I would expect the engine to die whenever you put it in gear.<br />But not a bad idea to check the compression at this point.<br /><br />So I would place a 90% bet that you have a fuel related problem.<br /><br />1- make sure the gas tank vent is unobstructed, you can do this by blowing air into it with your mouth.<br /><br />2- syphon or drain all the fuel out of the tank, use it in the lawn mower or truck.<br /><br />3- replace the entire fuel line, from the tank to the fuel pump. buy a quality hose and bulb from a dealer, not a cheap $12 one from kmart. It makes a difference.<br /><br />4- remove the fuel tank sending unit and inspect the tank and fuel pick-up tube for debris. Flush, syphon, clean as needed.<br /><br />5- inspect all fuel line from the fuel pump to the carbs, for cracks and leaks, replace as needed.<br /><br />6- replace the fuel pump diaphram and gaskets, about $14 in parts from any Merc dealer, usually come with instruction sheet..<br /><br />You should be able to do all this with the most basic of tools, and about $50 in parts. <br /><br />Mix up 6 gallons of fuel and try it out.<br /><br />If this solves the problem, great.<br />If not, I would suggest a thorough cleaning and rebuild of the carbs. If this is too much for you to tackle, seek out experienced help.<br /><br />Don't be afraid to ask for more help, and report back with results.