94 Yamaha Tilt Stop Lever Repair

whaler.1

Cadet
So I need to replace the Tilt Stop Lever on 1994 85hp Yamaha, saw an older post on this and schematic and I can see how it comes apart. Question is does anyone have any Tips/Tricks getting it back together up under There?

robert graham

Admiral
A few drops of oil on those moving parts now and then will keep it operating smoothly....as with anything that moves ( like the cowling latches), etc.....especially if you're running in saltwater....

whaler.1

Cadet
never mind, They got Bent real bad and needs replaced ,not as hard to remove as I thought it would B once U realize the pins just pull out.

robert graham

Admiral
Maybe someone was trailering the boat with motor up on tilt levers....bouncing up and down....bent the parts. A $30 Transom Saver will prevent this damage in the future....

whaler.1

Cadet
Maybe someone was trailering the boat with motor up on tilt levers....bouncing up and down....bent the parts. A $30 Transom Saver will prevent this damage in the future....
I one and use it, thanks, this occurred during shipping on a barge, I have noted in BankerJohns original 2008 post in his photo the COLLAR that is supposed to be in the middle is missing and the inside Bushings aren't going to stay put without it.

thanks for your very thoughtful answers!

Last edited: