94 275 pro xl aerator timer help

dustmanion

Recruit
First off let me say hello as this is my first post here.

Now to business... i have a 94 275 pro xl my it runs the 2nd generation timer with the front mounted 2,4, and 6 min selector with the auto, off, and manual switches.

my port side runs fine on both auto and manual no problems what so ever

my starboard however only runs on manual.....

thats where i am stumped my boat only runs 1 timer which when checked with a voltmeter checks fine... 12(+) on red, (-) on black, and pulsed 12(+) on the other wire... the 2,4,6 min side of the timer also checks fine and you can feel and hear the relay click when turned on

so my questions are

how can 1 timer run both pumps individually?

if it is a fuse problem where would the fuse be located on my boat?

if it is a wiring problem will someone please explain how this dang thing is wired to both pumps and controls them individually?

thanks for the help the boat looks awfully sad being torn apart as it is right now

Re: 94 275 pro xl aerator timer help

educated guess: the timer output is 12vdc that is going to a relay?

can you get to the relay and see how many pins are on the relay. If it has 5 pins then theres proberly a second relay somewhere if it has 6 or 8 pins then it may be a 2 pole relay and each pump will be using one pole. so either pump is controlled by the same relay. If it has a 6 or 8 pin then get the model number off it and we can find a wiring diagram for the relay so you can work out which pin to test or there may be a diagram on the side of the relay