FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
It ran perfectly yesterday as it has since new. I've checked the kill switch, new plugs, etc. I have the service manual but not the testing equipment mentioned to check power pack and stator. Is there anything else I can do or just take it to a pro?
Welcome!<br /><br />Disconnect the large red cannon plug on the harness going to the boat. Check for spark again and tell us what you find.<br /><br />Just check for spark, if you try to start the motor and it does youll have no way to shut it off other than flooding it.<br /><br />Good luck!
I had that same problem last year. It would show spark from wire, but it wasn't enough spark. it ended up being the power pack. I would do the test on the power pack first and make sure, because they are pretty expensive.