'91 VIP 267 prop

Durimar

Cadet
Hi everyone!
I've recently got a '91 26.5' VIP 267 with 5.7 Cobra in it. Old owner told me that he never got the prop right, so I'm hoping maybe someone on the forum here has the same model and can help me out with the prop selection. Anyone?

Bifflefan

Commander
Re: '91 VIP 267 prop

First thing would be to take it our and see where it does and does not need help.
Get speeds and RPM's and record them so you can make an accurate comparison.
Also remember that you are looking for a prop that performs best at the speed you drive most often.

Durimar

Cadet
Re: '91 VIP 267 prop

I can't take her out with the current prop - it's all bent and chipped on the edges. When I did took her out I only got to 3,500 and the engine started overheating, so I'm working on that problem now. I've heard that chipped prop can create air pockets around the outdrive, thus contributing to engine overheating. I'm trying to eliminate every possibility (thermostat, impeller, water pump, timing, clogged waterways, prop, etc.) and want to get the brand new prop. I was hoping someone has the same boat, so I could just go and get the right one right away instead of going through 3 or 4 of them. It's a pretty big boat and going in and out of water is a hassle.