9.9 evinrude tiller conversion

cedarlattice

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I recently purchased a 9.9 Evinrude 4 stroke electric start. I believe it's a 96 It was set up as a kicker in a fishing boat. I know the motor has almost no hours on it. It came with the controls and key switch. I want to put a tiller on it and put it on a small fishing boat. I'm wondering if any others have done something similar. I'm also looking for pictures or diagrams so that when I start gathering parts I don't miss any linkages

cedarlattice

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I was told that a tiller handle is no available for this model and that this model was made by Suzuki. The model number is E10FFEDC. Everything I see online, it looks like every other 9.9 Evinrude from that year.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
If you can fit such a tiller handle and make it work correctly, go for it. But you may need to manufacture some parts to make it work. One other possibility is you could install the controls right at the engine and still use the engine as a tiller type setup. There is nothing saying you can't shorten the control cables to the size you want... Just an idea...