9.8 tahatsu rope will not pull

whybark

Recruit
I have had this motor for years. It is a four stroke. I think around 2015. Of course the rope will not pull when in gear. I was at the lake the other day. I pulled the rope 3 times, then the fourth time it will not pull. I checked and the motor is in neutral. I have no idea why I can not pull the rope. Any ideas??

whybark

Recruit
I checked that. When I try to pull the rope in gear the safety ingages and the rope will not move an inch. When I pull the rope in neutral the rope moves a few inches

whybark

Recruit
OK, I guess I left out a little info. I transported my motor the day before. I guess I put it on the wrong side. Oil drained into the cylinders.

whybark

Recruit
And it did not cost me an arm and a leg. I am no mechanic. But I can remove a couple of spark plugs. But I did ruin a good shirt when I pulled the rope and the oil came flying out.

MattFL

Master Chief Petty Officer
All good decisions come from experience, and all experience comes from bad decisions. What you have gained is experience.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Pull the cord several times till all the flooded oil is out, put plugs back in and test if all works as used to do so...

Happy Boating