8m0095310 trim sender problem

TheCramps

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
May 9, 2012
Messages
12
Hello to all,
I recently bought a Mercruiser 350 MAG MPI model 2010.
I've kept my Alpha One gen II sterndrive but i've changed the trim sensor to a new 8M0095310 in order to be able to connect it to my smartcraft gauges (sc1000).
I went to buy a 863187A1 but the local mercruiser dealer told me that it has been replaced with 8M0095310 so i bought the new one.

This sensor has 3 wires and im connecting them to the engine harness as the manual says.
When i power up the smartcraft gauges it can recognise the trim sensor (if i have it unplugged it shows me a warning that the trim sensor has a problem) and then im going through the trim calibration process.
My problem is that when i trim the stern drive the trim indication in not changing and it showing 25 or 0 no matter if the stern drive is moving..

​
Does anybody else have faced that problem with this sensor?
Any help would be appreciated!
thank you
 

alldodge

Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Mar 8, 2009
Messages
44,584
Hello to all,
I recently bought a Mercruiser 350 MAG MPI model 2010.
I've kept my Alpha One gen II sterndrive but i've changed the trim sensor to a new 8M0095310 in order to be able to connect it to my smartcraft gauges (sc1000).
I went to buy a 863187A1 but the local mercruiser dealer told me that it has been replaced with 8M0095310 so i bought the new one.

This sensor has 3 wires and im connecting them to the engine harness as the manual says.
When i power up the smartcraft gauges it can recognise the trim sensor (if i have it unplugged it shows me a warning that the trim sensor has a problem) and then im going through the trim calibration process.
My problem is that when i trim the stern drive the trim indication in not changing and it showing 25 or 0 no matter if the stern drive is moving..

​
Does anybody else have faced that problem with this sensor?
Any help would be appreciated!
thank you

My HP transom assy came your the 3 wire digital sender you mentioned. I had to install the digital to analog converter because my gauge is analog. From what I have found, and there is not much, it should be plug and play for your smartcraft gauges. The one sender replaces the two and uses a three wire connector.

How does the manual say to connect it?
Digital trim limit sender.jpg
 
Last edited:
Top