89 Force Tilt/Trim Pump

I have just finished installing a T/T on my 89 Force 50 hp. Connected all the wires and tested it... it worked. Then suddenly I saw oil leaking from one of the screws on the hydraulic pump. I tried tightening the screws but I still have a fluid leak. I read where the torque for the pump screws is 45-50 inch pounds (about 4 ft/lbs). This seems to be very little torque for screws that have to hold a seal on the pump. How do I tighten the pump screws properly so I don't get another leak?
Thanks for any help.

Jiggz

Captain
Might want to open and inspect if there is anything missing gasket or o ring or could have just been improperly torque (cross torquing) before you end up with a broken bolt. If there's anything I dread is a broken bolt especially, tiny ones.

Sounfds like the correct torque for a 10-24NC screw.
Thanks, I'll take the pump/manifold off and look for anything that might cause a leak. being "new" I was'nt expecting a leak. I fear I may have over tightened the screws.

Sounds like the o-ring slipped or the plastic might have cracked??
The o-ring may have slipped, don't know... but it does have a nick in it. That's enough to allow oil to run out. Now if I can get this one pump re-installed without nicking, stretching, over tightening or any other type issue. " "I'll be walkin in tall cotton". Thanks guys for your input. :)

Attachments

• Trim pump o-ring_0410422.JPG
    Trim pump o-ring_0410422.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 4