I recently purchased a boat with a 1989 Force 50 Outboard model 507X9A - The motor was unused for 3 years. After starting it using both the water ears and starting it in a barrel, there was no water flow. I installed a new pump kit. Double checked the position of the vanes, made sure it was on the drive pin, removed the thermostat, and checked that the water tube was clear. STILL NO WATER FLOW, No Steam.
I have read the forum from other force owners with no water flow. I understand the water mists from the exhaust. I have nothing at all. Is there something I'm overlooking without taking it apart again? If I do take it apart again, is it posible to spin the driveshaft with a heavy duty drill to check water flow, making sure that I do not damage the splines?
I have read the forum from other force owners with no water flow. I understand the water mists from the exhaust. I have nothing at all. Is there something I'm overlooking without taking it apart again? If I do take it apart again, is it posible to spin the driveshaft with a heavy duty drill to check water flow, making sure that I do not damage the splines?