87 Starcraft CSS 180 Transom Help

kterry111

Recruit
hey everyone its nice to be among friends. its a mad world out there..lol i need to replace this transom but these corner wells extend out on the corners. anyone know where i need to cut to replace transom? not much room on the inside at all. any help would be appreciated...

Attachments

• star1.jpg
    star1.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 22
  • star2.jpg
    star2.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 22
  • star3.jpg
    star3.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 22

SHSU

Lieutenant Junior+Starmada Splash Of The Year 2019
Looks like a glasser, unfortunately most everyone works on aluminum hulls on here. Might want to try one of the Fiberglass hull sections.

SHSU

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
What little I know about glass boats I can tell you have 2 options, cut and repair after the transom replacement or pull the cap off. Most likely the stringers are rotten too, lots of work ahead I'm afraid.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
With the windshield off already you're already looking pretty close to "popping the cap". Then you'll have easy access to the whole transom. Make sure the boat it well supported because you don't want it to splay out and then you'll have trouble getting the cap back on.

kterry111

Recruit
With the windshield off already you're already looking pretty close to "popping the cap". Then you'll have easy access to the whole transom. Make sure the boat it well supported because you don't want it to splay out and then you'll have trouble getting the cap back on.
Hey thanks for responding is there another way other than popping the top to fix transom?