86 bayliner restore going to need help

RobertThoreson

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks, I'm only able to work on it on the weekends for now, and this weekend I'm going to try buffing the rest of the exterior so I'll take pics to show you. Bet it's going to shine again. Iv actually never seen it shine that I can remember. My dad bought it when I was 2 and as far back as I remember it was dull.

Mark72233

Ensign
Cool looking boat Robert and the fact that you have history with it makes it even cooler. I will be tagging along.

Okieboatguy

Petty Officer 1st Class
Love the old Bayliners, I personally have an old '83 myself. I will be tagging along and watching your progress.

Okieboatguy

Petty Officer 1st Class
The Link and the photos when you click on them take you to a Photobucket page that is marked as private.

Mark72233

Ensign
Robert, go to your Photobucket account and click the picture you want to post. When that one picture shows on your photobucket account look on the right side you will see "Share Links" with 4 options below that. The last option or box is "IMG". Click that and you should see it highlight in yellow for a second and show "Copied". now go back to you iboats post and paste that in the box with any comments you would like to go with it. On your screen it shows up as computer speak (letters, numbers and symbols) but if you click preview that is what we will see when you Post Reply. You can do it from your iphone or your computer. I just open two tabs one for iboats and the other photobucket and go back and forth pasting all the picture I want on the post. I think they say you can attach 6 pictures per post. I hope all that make sense.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Photobucket has gone thru some changes since iBoats has created their "How To" section for Posting Pics. I took some time the other day to create this PDF file to illustrate the methods needed to post pics to your thread in iBoats. Hopefully the new members will find this helpful.

P.S.They've since updated again and now when you hover over a pic there are 3 bars in the lower left of the pic that when you hover over the bars a pop-up window appears with a SHARE selection. If you click it the IMG Code is there for you to select IF you make the proper settings selections as described in the PDF file I attached.

Attachments

• Posting_Pics_from_Photobucket.pdf
    263.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

SDSeville

Lieutenant
Lately, I have just been using the advanced editor button on the right, then the picture button to upload directly from my computer. Seems to work OK.

RobertThoreson

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Iv tried that with the first pics but the "img" one says bad url. I had to post those pics using the "direct" labeled link.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Yep ! easy peasy ! The IMG code will flash yellow copied then paste it in your post ..

Ya got a real cool looking boat there ! If you get a spare minute or two my boat could use some of your detailing skills ! :D

RobertThoreson

Petty Officer 2nd Class
What I did on mine took 4-5 hours, at our shop rate that would be less than $200. I think a full boat, hull and all could be done in 8-10 hours. So a boat that looks new for less than $500.... I think we are missing a whole corner of the market lol