'84 Wellcraft Repairs and Paint SPLASHED

BigBoatinOkie

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: '84 Wellcraft Repairs and Paint

Yeah, I'm still here. It stormed pretty good here, but all the really heavy stuff was north of me. Oklahoma City got thrashed. :eek: It's been a really busy week, so I haven't been able to do anything to the boat, but I'm gonna be kickin some serious butt here in a couple of days. Hopefully in the coming week I will get the engine, outdrive, carpet, upholstery, captains chairs, bilge pump and hoses, blower, vents, and swim platform all installed. And I need to get the pinstripe figured out, don't know what I wanna do. That's a pretty tall order, but it's all got to be done. It's high time I got on the lake. Assuming it's not flooded. Catch ya later.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Yeah hurry up, your burning summer! I'm not meeting up with you guys in December....but I guess we would have our choice of parking spots on the island then.....:D

BigBoatinOkie

And how long did you work on your boat before you put it on the water Arch?
I think you said in your first post last November you bought your boat a year ago and have been working on it ever since. So, what a year and a half or so. :eek: I'm workin on it! :D:D

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Hey you are the one talking about putting it in the water this year! I knew I wouldn't be on the water last year....looks like I'm going to have to head down there and get you going! Actually I bet Mrs BBO gets you going, lol! :D What happened to your helper by the way? We haven't seen him in a while! He must have caller ID! Keep up the good work, I'll save you a spot at the island!

BigBoatinOkie

I ran my helper off. Didn't you see that OSU hat he was wearin? I can't allow that kind of nonsense. BTW, Thank the good Lord we're not going to the PAC-16. Whew, that was close.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

I'm assuming you sprayed everything down with bleach after he left right? :D

zeek7pc

Cadet

This is a great thread! Awesome job! I'm toying with the idea of painting my 87 sea ray cruiser, but then again we do most boating on lake Keystone. Hard to justify putting a nice looking boat in that nasty red water. Is it just me or do most true Oklahomans re-paint everything crimson? That's the color I had in mind:)

Well, I figured since I read this all the time that I might as well register so I can leave some comments every once in a while. Nice work little Bro. I'm looking forward to having that power on the water again. It's just not the same out there without you.

BigBoatinOkie

Well, well, well, look who decided to join. Everybody, welcome my big brother BiggerBoatinOkie. :D Nice of you to join us.

So sorry I haven't posted any progress in a while, yall were probably wondering where the heck I've been. I've been too busy working on my boat to be messin around on the internet. Been doing a lot of little things here and there. Had to re-glass area where my bow eye bolts through, clean up and do some painting on my gimbal housing, clean and paint trim pump, compression test on the engine(which didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped), new oil sending unit, another coat of Bilgekote, pick out and purchase carpet, coat outdrive hole and bolt holes with epoxy, rounding up misc parts, etc, ect. Anywho, I think I'm actually gonna get my engine in tomorrow(for real this time), IF the guy who owns the crane truck I'm gonna borrow can get free. I'll get some pics up tomorrow when I get some pic-worthy work done.

BigBoatinOkie

This is a great thread! Awesome job! I'm toying with the idea of painting my 87 sea ray cruiser, but then again we do most boating on lake Keystone. Hard to justify putting a nice looking boat in that nasty red water. Is it just me or do most true Oklahomans re-paint everything crimson? That's the color I had in mind:)

Hey Zeek. Good to see another Okie stop by. Yeah, the old brown color I had would be a perfect color for Lake Keystone. For some reason, crimson just looks good on anything.:) Preciate your compliments.

bacafrog

Petty Officer 3rd Class

When you put the engine in this time......... don't forget the engine mounts, just saying.

You know someone had to say it.

Chadsci

Seaman Apprentice

My upholstery has indeed come in. Nobody really said anything about them so far, so I thought I might be able to slip by on on the pics until I got it all in the boat. Looks like you caught me.

Need pics..... Don't you realize that some people with certain unfinished boats in the Minneapolis area are waiting for these pics. :D

I plan on cutting into 91 dollar a sheet plywood tonight and would love to see a couple more angles of you bench set up.

Thanks
Chad E

BigBoatinOkie

Alright, I'll get the upholstery pics. I've got them stored in a different place than my boat all wrapped up so the mice can't get to 'em so they've kinda been out of sight, out of mind. My bad.

Still no motor. The guy with the crane truck was too busy today, so I'll have to wait another day. Bummer! I even had a backup plan using a friend's tractor with front end loader, but he had prior obligations as well. Funny, nobody else seems to be in a hurry to get my engine in.:D Oh well, got to be patient when you're borrowing other people's stuff.

Trim pump cleaned up and painted
100_1514.jpg

Gimbal housing mating surface cleaned up and painted.
100_1512.jpg

Gimbal housing installed.
100_1518.jpg

Transom shield installed.
100_1516.jpg

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Looks good, hopefully you will get the motor in soon!

BigBoatinOkie

The engine is in the boat!!!

101_0142.jpg

101_0145.jpg

And I used the engine mounts this time.
101_0144.jpg

I'm glad to get that done. Now I have to go work a 12 hour shift with no sleep. :eek: Oh well, I'll live.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

BBO,

Sleep is over rated. Glad the motor is in. Won't be long till you and Arch will be hangin on the Water.

bacafrog

Petty Officer 3rd Class

And I used the engine mounts this time.

Hey your getting pretty good at photoshopping. J/K, it looks like its coming together now. If you hurry up you could still make 4th of July on Eufaula.

MrsBoatinOkie

Petty Officer 3rd Class

BBO is currently snoozing away in his recliner at the moment. :p He worked all night I guess we can cut him a little slack.. not much tho!

Let's hope I still have my head attatched after I try to wake him up soon. :eek: j/k it ain't that bad.

Still shooting to get her splashed sometime within the week. If no upholstery pics are taken soon I'll sneak in and get some for everyone.. (oops did I type that out loud?) hehe

BigBoatinOkie

I got my trim tabs mounted tonight. As mentioned before I got Lenco electric actuators to replace the hydraulic Bennett actuators. The Bennett hydraulic pump failed and the Lenco retrofit kit was quite a bit cheaper than a new HPU from Bennett.

DSC00032.jpg

DSC00031.jpg

A shot of my new vents.
DSC00033.jpg