FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
70 hp 82 mercury 3 cyl 2 carb replaced fuel lines gas can fuel filter put new gasket set for fuel pump cleaned carbs thoroughly engine goes good off start then bout 20 to 30 seconds later dies from lack of fuel I'm stumped please help
The fuel pump works from vacuum suction pressure created by the pistons on the up stroke pulling fuel into the pump and the downstroke creates a pressure pushing on the diaphragm which will force a small check valve in the pump to close and the fuel in the pump to be pushed into the carbs. Might be a good idea to rebuild the fuel pump. The parts are fairly cheap, I recently did mine and the parts cost me around 22.00 bucks
Awesome not much to er 2 valves and some gaskets where u find kit? Kinda impossible for it to run so good with blown cylinder if you pump ball it runs like its supposed to when you stop she surges like its not pulling enough gas
I have a Merc dealer a few miles away, he either has the parts I need or gets them in a few days, but I pay a premium price for genuine Merc parts, check eBay,, good source for Merc parts, you want Merc Quick Silver stuff, not Sierra, Sierra is cheaper and I do not know how good the quality is....