81 Sea Squirt Restoration

Overhaul

Cadet
Thanks guys. I will check what size my angle grinder is but I think it is bigger that 4 1/2". I will go get some flap disks and maybe a grinder.

Baylinerchuck

Commander
Yeah, you’ll be pleased with the flap disks. I even used the HF ones, and they worked well. Let ‘er eat.

Overhaul

Cadet
I got some HF discs and I like Baylinerchuck's quote Let' er eat. It does eat. I got about the motor attachment area done before it started to rain and I had to shut it down. Thanks again I am on my way.

KJM

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I got some HF discs and I like Baylinerchuck's quote Let' er eat. It does eat. I got about the motor attachment area done before it started to rain and I had to shut it down. Thanks again I am on my way.
Make sure you wear a mask of some kind, that dust will do a number on your lungs. I would leave the side walls, are you sure there is foam behind them and that its wet? Running cooza stringers down the sides of the ski well is no problem and likely in the original construction they were there. Running an extra set of stringers down a little closer to the sides wouldn't hurt either, esp if you are skipping the foam but may not be necessary if you do use foam. Frisco boater has a good video on pouring foam.