FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I just bought my first powerboat and I have no idea what mix I need to use. I have always used 50:1 for other outboards, but this is alot bigger than any I've used in the past. I'd appreciate the advice of anyone who has one like it?
Are you sure it isn't a VRO oiled machine, where the 2 cycle oil is put in a seperate tank in the boat?
If it isn't, or if the VRO has been removed, then:
If it's stock fishing motor, 50:1 TCW3 oil.
If it's a drag motor, or high performance, More and better oil.