78 glass master transom

greencat

Recruit
hello every one,new to site and gotta say,alot of useful info on here,but heres my ?
i bought a 1978 glass master tri hull boat,18ft,with a 80hp merc witch runs great,now on the back of the boat at the bottom were it rests on the trailer is cracked in a few spots,looks like it wasnt straped down to the trailer while towing it,i was wondering if this is an easy fix or if im screwed,the inside is fine and the boat is in emac shape,i can put pictures up when i get home for better understanding,theres no other cracks or bending in the transom,i can jump on the motor and no bending,any info will be great,and once again,great site and info

Bondo

Staff member
Re: 78 glass master transom

hello every one,new to site and gotta say,alot of useful info on here,but heres my ?
i bought a 1978 glass master tri hull boat,18ft,with a 80hp merc witch runs great,now on the back of the boat at the bottom were it rests on the trailer is cracked in a few spots,looks like it wasnt straped down to the trailer while towing it,i was wondering if this is an easy fix or if im screwed,the inside is fine and the boat is in emac shape,i can put pictures up when i get home for better understanding,theres no other cracks or bending in the transom,i can jump on the motor and no bending,any info will be great,and once again,great site and info

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,..... Yes,... We need Pictures....

greencat

Recruit

boat 002.jpgboat 001.jpg
ok heres a few pics of the bottom of the transom,anybody know how this can be repaired

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral

Hello greencat and welcome to Iboats ..

Inspect the Inside where those cracks are ( I know you said the Inside was fine .. just not sure your talking about where the cracks are located ).

Can you give us a few over all pics please.

So far from what I see is a little bit of grinding/glassing/fairing/gellin/sandin' & polishin'.

But that can change depending on Why it happened and the condition of the inside.

YD.