'77 1750 Fish & Play questions

AllAboard

Seaman
New to me 77 Ranger 1750 Fish & Play. I haven't had a chance to get her on the water yet but I have some questions....

#1) My bilge pump works. I added some water to the bilge and pumped it out BUT... it pumped the water out of the hole in the bottom middle of the transom...where the drain plug goes. Now does this mean it's designed to only pump the bilge out when the boat is out of the water? WTF? The drain plug does this anyway ?!?!? Kinda confused here. Any ideas???? I didn't try it with the plug in, may there's 2 outlets ?!?!?

#2) Boat has 2 livewells plumbed together. It has a livewell control knob which goes to a valve in the bilge. I'm assuming I open this to fill the livewells with lake water??? Do I keep this valve open to keep the water fresh??

#3) My livewell pump is in the bilge plumbed to the livewells of course. Is this just to circulate the water in the livewells...and again should I keep the valve to the outside water open when using the livewells @ the lake?

I was looking for an owners manual but haven't had any luck. This is my first boat other than a jon boat. Any other info...manuals, diagrams, etc... you might be able to share would be a plus. I have got all of my other issues worked out so the answers above are really all I need, any extra would be a plus. Thanks, Doug

AllAboard

Seaman
Re: '77 1750 Fish & Play questions

OK, went back and read my post and tried the bilge pump test with the drain plug in and...... my bad. It does drain above the water level on the right rear of the boat. I was losing water out of the drain faster because the drain plug was out. LOL.

So question # 1 was my own stupidity. Anyone knows my livewell setup can chime in. Otherwise,I'll figure it out on it's maiden voyage.

gkaczmarskyj

Recruit

Doug,

Ironically, I just purchased a '77 1750 about a month ago as well (happens to be my first boat). I emailed Ranger over the weekend asking for wiring diagram and manuals. They said I could get the manuals through their Factory Parts Dept - 800-724-7273. I'll be calling them tomorrow to try and get the manuals. They also sent me the wiring diagram in email. I've attached that to this reply.

I haven't figured out #2 and #3 questions you have - just haven't had time to mess with it. I have some battery wiring to figure out first. That said, the live well configuration you described is similar to what I think I have in my boat.

Hope this helps,
George.

Attachments

• Wire diagram 83 prior.jpg
    Wire diagram 83 prior.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 17

AllAboard

Seaman

Thanks for your help. I also emailed Ranger and they gave me the same phone number. I haven't called them yet.
I also asked them how much wood was in this boat and they replied that the stringers, decking, and transom were marine grade wood covered in fiberglass in case you didn't now.
I'm dealing with some wiring issues as well, mainly the engine harness. I'm probably going to order a new one this weekend.
Thanks for your reply and good luck with your 1750. It'll probably be a couple of weeks before mine gets it's maiden voyage. Doug

gkaczmarskyj

Recruit

I got the manual - cost $10 - not specific to the 1750 but applicable for all boats in that year. Pretty basic stuff in there but for $10 no big deal.

dockman62

Recruit

I think I have some 1750 seat cushions for the front rod lockers. They are maroon in color. Let me know if anyone is interested.

wmalloy5

Cadet

I have a 1978 Ranger Aztec 1750v and need all the information I can get on it also. If you guys have found anything that can help please feel free to share! Thanks!

polczynt

Recruit

I have a 77 Ranger 1750 Fish n Play. The gas guage doesn't work. Any suggestions for trouble shooting this problem?

southwestsport

Recruit

I think I have some 1750 seat cushions for the front rod lockers. They are maroon in color. Let me know if anyone is interested.

I am trying to find about the original fuel tank for the Ranger 1750V. Size of the original or possibly to buy.

thanks for any information you can give.