'76 Magnum Tri-Hull

tlovelandka

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: '76 Magnum Tri-Hull

Yep looking good so far there Tlove !!! keep it up you will get there !! How is the drought ?? have you guys been getting any rain ?? John

John I tell you what, in early summer we hurting, but after July we've actually had a good amount of rain. It takes a lot to keep the grass green in that Texas heat...:D

Now wait just a darn minute....I've got clothes line poles too....I never thought to use those! I might just be able to flip my hull and do it right on the trailer....Hmmmmmm ;););)

The clothesline idea just kinda came to me... It worked really well! I would recommend checcking to make sure that the poles are sunk deep enough cause there ends up being a lot of force placed on them. The pole lifting the bow started to lean a little but it survived.

Other than that, I hooked a ratchet strap to the bow eye. Then I ran a chain through the two eyes on the stern and centered the other strap on that chain. After that we just ratcheted 'em up and it worked like a charm. I'll put it back on the "like new" trailer the same way...:D

-TLove

drewpster

Commander

Good to Go! Glad to see the whole crew is pitching in! Lets hope they are still as willing to help after they wash the first load of fiberglass dust out of their hair. :D

tlovelandka

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Lets hope they are still as willing to help after they wash the first load of fiberglass dust out of their hair. :D

HaHa... Yeah about that... I'm pretty sure I get to do all the grinding, but it's all good. It's so much fun when my skin is shiny...! :D:eek::D

thejupiter2

Cadet

WOW!, your boat looks suspicisouly like ours did when we tore into it. We have a 78 Marlin that was also soft when we bought it for $2000, course that was 8 yrs ago and we enjoyed ignorance bliss all those 8 yrs. Finally this past winter, I told my husband, "the floor soft spot is really spreading, I think we need to replace the floor. It shouldn't be hard, I've already been reading about it on youtube." Check out my thread "the jupiter project" the pics are exactly the same. What I found out was back in the 70's when they built boats, they just put raw wood in and fiberglassed over it, without first sealed the wood beneath.

Last edited: