FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I’ve just finished ripping my floor open everything is over 50% rotten so I’ll be replacing it all. For the transom the wood was 3/4” think I’ve read elsewhere someone had the same boat with 1 1/2” thick transom would it hurt to double it up? I’m not sure what to do with the stringers do I run new fibreglass matting over the wood again or can I get away with just cloth? Also
can I make them larger I’ve attached some pictures not sure if I should piece I back together as is or beef it up a little any suggestions would be great (all those bud light cans were from the previous owner wouldn’t touch that stuff with a 10 ft pole)