72 starcraft floor??

dhight

Recruit
does anyone happen to know whether an alum. 72 starcraft would have alum or wood supports? it needs a new floor & don't want to get into replacing the supports as well. thanks

ken feldt

Recruit
Re: 72 starcraft floor??

I've got a '77 starcraft I just tore the floor out of and it's got aluminum stringers(2) either side of center runnin' lengthwise.Hope ours are close enough to help.

Bass Runner

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I used douglas fir plywood to replace the floor and transom in my Texas Mail and once i had it treated the floor turned out good but my boat had more stringers and crossmembers than yours, you can take a look at mine if you like. web page

karrick

Petty Officer 1st Class

my 71 16' starcraft had a single alum support running the length of the boat. A word of advise would be to save the old pieces, if they are still in one piece, particularly the ones towards the bow to use for a pattern.

gewf631

Chief Petty Officer

My mid 70's 18-footer was like Spark18's, with 2 supports running from the transom to just ahead of the dash boards.<br /><br />Drop me a line over at gewf631@yahoo.com if you have specific questions.<br /><br />Ed