70hp tlrc sneezing and coughing

ermess

Petty Officer 3rd Class
servicing a 70 hp tlrc... engine would start and run then stall on a hose..... pulled carbs apart, bottom carb was ugly.... have cleaned and checked all 3.... have soaked and cleaned bottom 4 times now...engine will now start and run on a hose but sneezes, suspect it will not run under a load.....checked compression (110 all 3) changed plugs....put hand over top carb, can feel the pull, but can't feel the pull on middle or bottom?
Thanks for any help

ermess

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: 70hp tlrc sneezing and coughing

servicing a 70 hp tlrc... engine would start and run then stall on a hose..... pulled carbs apart, bottom carb was ugly.... have cleaned and checked all 3.... have soaked and cleaned bottom 4 times now...engine will now start and run on a hose but sneezes, suspect it will not run under a load.....checked compression (110 all 3) changed plugs....put hand over top carb, can feel the pull, but can't feel the pull on middle or bottom?
Thanks for any help

Any help out there, possible fuel pump issue?
Thanks
Ed

BonairII

Commander

Make absolutely sure that you're not getting air into the fuel lines. Put a clear fuel line on and watch the fuel go through as the motor is running.

Air getting into the lines will def cause sneezing.

boobie

Supreme Mariner

When ever I work on any carb I always use a spray can of carb cleaner with a straw on it. Then I check all the passages to make sure the cleaner is flowing through them. Those Yamahas have very small passages in some circuits so double check.

Capt Ken

Commander

Lean sneeze. Carbs are not clean enough or an intake air leak

erniefish

Petty Officer 2nd Class

just a thought, check by-pass valves( on side of motor) they are easy to check, does not usually cause sneeze, but check any way