70 hp rectifier wiring

Crosbyman

Vice Admiral
I think you will find 2 & 3 are jumped together and 4 and 5 are tied together as well.

I think maybe your missing the other half of the plug that ran back to the soleniod. Is it heading that way?

Again, check voltage there while running.

Another thing, check for continuity between 4 and 5

exactly ! 2&3 are bridged if the 2nd yellow/gray is to reach the rectifier dual yellow inputs ! this is done internally by design of the terminal block or with clips
joining both screws.

has requested by Racerone.... PICS are needed here

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Electrical stuff is hard to understand and fix.-----In the early FORD days just about anybody could fix the Model T and Model A with pliers and a screw driver ,-----Modern vehicles and EV cars will end up recycled because of a few broken / bad wires.---My Ram 2500 has electrical issues in passenger door.-----Garage has not been able to find the issue yet.------The stuff is all hidden and hard to look at.

ct1762@gmail.com

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Ok good to know thanks
just an FYI you can get the CDI REGULATED rectifier replacement. almost the same size, but now it regulates itself instead of the battery, so you can also use cheap maintenance free types if you want. makes a much smoother current ramp than the stock ones, and helps keep your battery in good health. part #193-3408 . Buy on Amazon its much cheaper.
1672371791622.png