68 Starcraft Starchief 18' Cuddy Restoration

61 Holiday

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 68 Starcraft Starchief 18' Cuddy Restoration

wrfalpacas,
It looks terrific. I don't know how I missed your posts but I did and I'm sorry about that.
As far as the "stone" paint, so far so good. It seems to have bonded rather well with what I had on the inside of the hull. We have had quite a bit of rain and I have also washed it to get paint dust, dirt, etc... off of it and as I said it's held up. I'm pretty sure it will hold up as it is an exterior grade and as I said it seems to have bonded with what was there already. I'll let you know if I have any issues. At any rate, your boat looks great keep it up!

wrfalpacas

Chief Petty Officer

As far as the boat stands, I copied sschafers stands, so I can't take the credit, but they were easy to make and have worked really well.
I got my jump seats today, so I had to set up the transom to see what it was going to look like, I think I matched colors pretty well:) But what do you guys think I should do for the gaps between the seatbacks and the boat sides/doghouse? I was thinking of some removable vinyl covered plywood panels? My wife and son had to try out the jumpseats and I got 2 thumbs up:D
Boateleventhweek003.jpg

Boateleventhweek002.jpg

Boateleventhweek001.jpg

Rickairmedic

Commander

Bret I would do a 1X2 or 2X2 frame with a brethable fabric on them behind the seats to you still get plenty of airflow back there :D. The seats and console look great to .:D

While I got ya here the guy with the Mariner looking for a trnsom cap showed up again today ROFLMAO nd started 2 new threads looking for the part . So far he has 7 posts and 6 Threds all looking for that part :eek:.

Ok one more :D are ya caravaning with me to the get together next summer :D.

Rick

wrfalpacas

Chief Petty Officer

Rick,

Good Idea on the fabric for airflow, I have given up on that guy:rolleyes: and yes, let's caravan.

Rickairmedic

Commander

On the caravan Kewl and on the Transom caps dont worry I'll get em sold :D . I think NB may have some spares here soon as well if he ends up parting out Old Blue :D. Actually while I am busy selling parts off that boat I need to go get the rest of the parts for my Jupiter and make sure I have transom caps :eek:. :D

Rick

North Beach

Commander

I only have the left side rick, and a good windshield:D

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Those jump seats look fantastic. And it will be awesome if you end up joining us at the Starcraft-arama next year.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Those jump seats look fantastic. And it will be awesome if you end up joining us at the Starcraft-arama next year.

lol..I guess Starcraft-Palooza was to far out there huh??

Rickairmedic

Commander

Well Kev my Truck club calls their semi anual get together Slick Stock :D Club name is Slick 60's . So hows about Starcraft Stock :D:D.

Rick

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Well Kev my Truck club calls their semi anual get together Slick Stock :D Club name is Slick 60's . So hows about Starcraft Stock :D:D.

Rick

Hmmm..A play on Wood Stock..opposite wood is metal..or TIN..
TIN STOCK!

brobrad

Petty Officer 1st Class

Bret,

The starchief i bought today is very close if not the same model as yours. The winshiled has been replaced with plexi on a bevelled cut and silconed down the middle. Not too pretty, but functional. SOME DAY, i will get around to doing it differently.

drewpster

Commander

Hey bud you better get busy. Looks as though your crew is ready to set out to sea!

"A ship is only as good as her sails and a Captain is only as good as his crew."

Andy in NY

Commander

+1 for tinstock.

Bret, the jump seats look great! did you ever figure out what you were going to do with the doghouse? Wasnt it too small or something?

wrfalpacas

Chief Petty Officer

Andy,

I am going to narrow the opening in the floor with 1" aluminum angle and hopefully that will look ok

Rickairmedic

Commander

Looking good Bret getting closer to some color :D . I am happy to see all the Starcrafters posting it was starting to look like Bayliner restoration forums around here today LOL.:D

Rick