66 Jupiter; Tore up...from the floor up!

kfa4303

Banned
Re: 66 Jupiter; Tore up...from the floor up!

Looks great wickedwood! Where did you get the blue and white net to cover your bow hatch? I've been looking for the exact same thing.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Wow, Wicked. You have too many rainy days cause you're blasting thru the resto. The only thing I don't like is - nothin', nice work. I was gonna give you the link to WOG's windshield polish but TDF got it for you. Believe me, it works. I just used the two Turtle Wax compounds since I couldn't find Novus close by, but T. Wax worked great. Looks like Mother's Day is very possible. Keep it going.

wickedwood

Cadet

Just realized that you are from DM...I am in Urbandale.

Liberty Hardwoods on 14th just N of the State Patrol and just S of Caseys, in a business park.

Ask for Kevin and tell him Wicked Wood sent you.

S & J Marine on 2nd...it is not broadcasted but if you ask nicely and bring your own tools and cash...they will let you go up and hunt. Several boats are off limits, but a ton of chrome trim and handles.

Best to deal with Lloyd.

wickedwood

Cadet

001.jpg

I made it...

Figure I can use woodworking tools...how hard could a sewing machine be?? Um...a little tuffer than it looks! But I got it.

This was my project last Sat night...kids helped and everything.

I got the strap from JoAnn's Fabric with matching thread and used leather needles. It worked like a champ.

Got the snaps from Menards...1.99 and it shows. I will be switching all to turn-studs...finally found them.

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander

Cool thanks, been by S&J bunch of times but only been in there once. I'll keep them in mind. Glad to see another neighbor on here.

wickedwood

Cadet

Thanks for the tips on the windshield.

starcraft resto (1).jpg

starcraft resto (2).jpg

starcraft resto (3).jpg

Ahhh...memories.

135.jpg

Now for wiring, interior, seats, motor....launch!

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander

Looks like the windshield cleared right up. :D

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Yeppers - the shield and the rest of the Jup look great. "wiring, interior, seats, motor....launch!" I like your short list. Mom's day is a week away, do ya think you'll make it? I hope so, Wicked. The Starmada loves to see splashes. :D

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Nice work on that windshield!:)

wickedwood

Cadet

Thank you, thank you.

And no...Mothers Day is not a go Houston.

I actually have finals this week...I am a non-traditional student (old). So I came close, but now will have to shoot for Memorial Day. That will allow me a little more time and allow me to gather the adequate dollars to finish. :) Funny how fast a budget gets blown...should have seen that coming since I am an Economics major.

So here is my thoughts on the seating...I am going to do fixed bench seats (Cypress) for the cockpit with a walkway in between and then in the back, do a bench seat all the way accross with the back arched same as dash that will fold up to access the battery/fuel tanks and also accordian out to be a sun deck. Ok, those are my thoughts, I am going to see if I can engineer it up.

Question though...I have illuminated s.p.s.t toggle switches and need to know what wire goes where? Let's say I am going to wire my bilge pump...I have 3 tabs on the back of switch and obviously 2 wires on bilge, and a battery in between...my question is what goes where?

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Question though...I have illuminated s.p.s.t toggle switches and need to know what wire goes where? Let's say I am going to wire my bilge pump...I have 3 tabs on the back of switch and obviously 2 wires on bilge, and a battery in between...my question is what goes where?

Dood, I got my butt kicked trying ti figure this out ^^^^ on my Jet. In the end, the illuminated switches owned me. I went with standard switches in the end:redface:

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander

What kind are they? Any kind of part number?

I've never used these but these seem to be the common switch layout so this might help look at the circuit structure in the upper right corner. Might have to do a mock up to double check the wiring.

A bit more of an in depth look at switches Look towards the bottom.

My wife is non-trad student too and just had hers last week so I'll add,

GOOD LUCK FOR FINALS!!!!!

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

If I ever get a Tinny, it will be JUST LIKE THIS ONE!!!!! She would look great sitting next to the Blue Flamingo!!!
Nice work! What Paint did you use??

wickedwood

Cadet

What kind are they? Any kind of part number?

I've never used these but these seem to be the common switch layout so this might help look at the circuit structure in the upper right corner. Might have to do a mock up to double check the wiring.

A bit more of an in depth look at switches Look towards the bottom.

I got them from delcity also. I'll look up your links after finals... :) but here is the switch.

spst toggle (1).jpgspst toggle (2).jpgspst toggle (3).jpg

wickedwood

Cadet

If I ever get a Tinny, it will be JUST LIKE THIS ONE!!!!! She would look great sitting next to the Blue Flamingo!!!
Nice work! What Paint did you use??

Thanks!

I used the Duralux line from The Bottom Paint Store (online). Very happy with the product, and can't rave enough about their customer service!! Very prompt, informative, and helpful with tips.

I used the zinc primer (cut with xylene, about 15%) and then went over with two coats of the topside enamel (cut at roughly 10-12%). I brushed it on. Had a bad ordeal on the final coat for the white with an expensive 100% China bristle...laid down at least 40 bristles in like a 3ft section. Returned for a synthetic all purpose brush, and it worked like a champ. You can see brush strokes at about 4 feet but any further back...looks great. I don't mind the brush strokes...makes it have more character. :)

In my ordeal I ended up having to scrape final coat off in some areas and redo, a testament to how well the first to coats adhered...really happy.

Spread the paint thin to win.

Paint.jpg
034.jpg

They sent me the wrong color paint originally and re-sent the cruiser blue overnight.

030.jpg

Not sure I will have a need for the green...

wickedwood

Cadet

Dood, I got my butt kicked trying ti figure this out ^^^^ on my Jet. In the end, the illuminated switches owned me. I went with standard switches in the end:redface:

After I got the dash together, first off, there was no way anything other than chrome was going in the dash, so the toggles and radio (it's the shape of a 3" guage with rca and usb ports) will go in the wall under the dash, maybe with a wood backplate, secondly, I am really leaning towards the old chrome pull switches.

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander

I don't know why but they don't seem to have a drawing for those but these I think should be the same. R13-112 in the drawing is what I'm basing my guess on. If so 12V hot in pin1, 12V out to acc. pin2, Ground pin 3. And that would be ground for the battery circuit not to the acc ground. Unless of course you run a separate ground to the battery from the acc.

Hope that makes sense.

wickedwood

Cadet

Ok, got it. Brought my battery, a light, my new switch (illuminated s.p.s.t.), a piece of cardboard (for the battery), wire, and plopped everything in the middle of the living room to watch a movie with the wife.

After a couple test runs, here is how they are wired. First run a ground from light to battery. Then run the other wire from light to copper leg (or bottom,#3) of the switch...then run a ground from center leg (silver, #2) to battery. Finally run power to top of switch leg (silver #1)...and viola...illumination and light both come on when switched.

Now I just have to wire the boat...

wickedwood

Cadet

After a 20 day break...back at it.

So much for a Memorial Day launch...oh well...steady as she goes.

wickedwood

Cadet

These were taken in August of 2012...had a little issue with reverse, but she's in the water...running great this year and now on to a 1965 Starcraft Nassau, just bought it today...:lol:

What else you gonna do??

800.jpg

801.jpg