FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
did the yr 1965 come with a 150 hp merc inboard engine gas only my friend said it does I thought only came with buick or Johnson engines and some 2 stroke versions thanks ..hope you guys can post ASAP...........
my friend say the owner told him it was the original merc 150 hp engine I look up merc and could find inboards for 1965 but not much more with out model #,
That would be sacrilegious. There are web sites for owners of those boats, and I have seen some who did a Merc conversion. Some put dual engines in. Those boats were built like tanks, and virtually unsinkable
owner has had the boat for over 8 yrs but said that is the original motor that came with it ..is it possible you could order a merc back then for that boat?
The point is that OMC and Mecury were (and are) competitors. It's possible that someone did a retro-fit or perhaps somehow mated a mercruiser motor to the OMC outdrive?
It's like trying to order a new Ford with a Chevy engine.
I get you now ,okay the picture is coming together now! I,M WAITING FOR A MODEL # THIS WILL TELL ME I hope what yr the motor is thanks GUYS ......
I think you guys are great and this is a great place to get info hope you can help me again later if I buy this boat ... GaryQ
Sorry guys was posting on another site motor is v6 ford mercury thats the problem on a johnson stern drive I hope again I say this right anyway inboard motor to back drive ,.I will one day get all the terms right but you get what I,m saying.. so its a ford engine matched to a johnson power drive ..