'65 Lyn Craft Seabreeze 1500 Sport Runabout

buxmj

Petty Officer 1st Class
I am so ready to splash, unfortunately the motor is not. I have the '77 merc 40hp at a mechanic and he is waiting on parts. He has done a lot already and says it is in great shape and should last a long time. Here are what I am hoping to be the last pics before the splash. 1st pic is the inside of the fold down seats, I can adjust them later if I need to. I stripped the paint down to bare glass and used 5200 to attach the blocks to the floor and 4" lag bolts keep them in place, no screws in the floor! The 2nd pic needs no description, electrical done! The 3rd pic is also self explanatory. I do have a bilge pump behind the tank in the middle, 9 gallons total should keep me on the water for a bit...

Attachments

• 20231014_121136.jpg
    20231014_121136.jpg
    998.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 20231014_120450.jpg
    20231014_120450.jpg
    855.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 20231014_120719.jpg
    20231014_120719.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 5

buxmj

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well it's been a very frustrating few months. I have not splashed and don't know when I will, had to leave the boat alone for a few reasons. The mechanic had the motor for 2 months and the only thing I can say is that I will never use a marine mechanic again, 3rd one I have used and disappointed in all of them for different reasons. This last one told me my control box was junk the day I picked it up, I have a running motor but not a functioning motor... I had specifically asked him a few times to check the control box to make sure it would work. He did tell me that I could find a new control box on Amazon for 200, again, the day I picked it up! I found a 2nd used control box and between the 2 I should have enough to piece together one functioning box and I am learning how it all goes together. Because he had it for 2 months I missed my window of opportunity to splash, this is the busy season for me as a musician. I did go to 2 AOMCI meetings and that was fun and met some people who I can pick their brains so I can get it going myself. I could go on but just want to say I will get it splashed someday but not really caring when right now, I want to get caught up with all the other projects on here and maybe that will get me out of my funk and motivate me some.

Buck.

Reserector_

Chief Petty Officer" & 2021 Splash of the Year Win
Sorry you had such a bad go-around with mechanics.
I've almost always done my own repairs, which meant learning many new skills and buying many tools. The few times that I DID pay a mechanic, it was disappointing to say the least. I don't know if they had bad luck, or just couldn't back up their egos.
For example, I have a truck transmission that I will never be happy with until I go back through it and rebuild it myself.

I was really rooting for you to splash this year and take the trophy.
I do know that it will be even sweeter when you repair the controls yourself, with the help of other forum members.
The good thing about controls is that it is something that you can work on indoors, in the evenings. Think of it as knitting a sweater, but for men.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Well it's been a very frustrating few months. I have not splashed and don't know when I will, had to leave the boat alone for a few reasons. The mechanic had the motor for 2 months and the only thing I can say is that I will never use a marine mechanic again, 3rd one I have used and disappointed in all of them for different reasons. This last one told me my control box was junk the day I picked it up, I have a running motor but not a functioning motor... I had specifically asked him a few times to check the control box to make sure it would work. He did tell me that I could find a new control box on Amazon for 200, again, the day I picked it up! I found a 2nd used control box and between the 2 I should have enough to piece together one functioning box and I am learning how it all goes together. Because he had it for 2 months I missed my window of opportunity to splash, this is the busy season for me as a musician. I did go to 2 AOMCI meetings and that was fun and met some people who I can pick their brains so I can get it going myself. I could go on but just want to say I will get it splashed someday but not really caring when right now, I want to get caught up with all the other projects on here and maybe that will get me out of my funk and motivate me some.

Buck.
The hit of da Funk!! Yup it's real. Good breather, relax and go bang some drums or your fancy. Always enjoy your thread.
Boats there when ya get to it. Enjoy the holidays.
Kevin

buxmj

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thanks guys, feeling better already! Hitting the drums more this weekend than I was planning, a drummer friend unfortunately got Covid and I got thrown 2 of his gigs, much less pressure gigs than I did the last few weekends so looking forward to playing and more importantly he is feeling better.

Next week I will have some time to get back on the boat!

Reserector_

Chief Petty Officer" & 2021 Splash of the Year Win
Rock the boat!!
You're doing a bang up job. You just need to get in a rhythm.
rimshot.gif