60hp Johnson dropping cylinder

51perch$

Recruit
I dropped the bottom cylinder (not firing) after 10 to 15 minutes of operation---compression is good---carb clean --no water in fuel--replaced coil, ECM, stator and trigger and still the problem persists---talked to my shop and they think it might be the crank seal. after it has sat for some time it will fire on 3 cylinders for 10 or 15 minutes again. I NEED HELP QUICK

racerone

Supreme Mariner
You need to be clear.-----Post # 1 says " not firing "-----Shop says bottom seal or " lost crankcase compression " after 10 minutes it heals itself.----.-----So have you run with a timing light on the bottom cylinder to see if spark goes away ?------Or I am asking if it might be a loss of fuel to #3 cylinder.

51perch$

Recruit
You need to be clear.-----Post # 1 says " not firing "-----Shop says bottom seal or " lost crankcase compression " after 10 minutes it heals itself.----.-----So have you run with a timing light on the bottom cylinder to see if spark goes away ?------Or I am asking if it might be a loss of fuel to #3 cylinder.
I did not run with timing light---got a call from the shop and the problem has been resolved by replacing the crank seal----thanks for your input---very rare occurrence

racerone

Supreme Mariner
A defective crank seal would leak all the time I think.-----Ask to see the bad seal, part #331103.

51perch$

Recruit
at this point I am happy to get my boat back---I missed most of the walleye run---my shop spent tons of hours on this and only charged me $651. If the problem is fixed I'm a happy guy