56 degrees below zero...How long till June?

Fly Rod

Commander
Re: 56 degrees below zero...How long till June?

:) "BUUUUUUUURRRRRR"!!!! Just reading your post is making my teeth "CHATTTTTTTERRRRRRRR"!!!!!! :D :D

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Not much diff between -56 and -3? Isn't it the same difference as between 67 and 120?<br /><br />But it's okay, because it's a "dry cold." Right? ;) <br /><br />neumanns, a couple questions:<br />Is it possible to "write your name in the snow" at those temps?<br /><br />Does electricity run the same speed, or is there a delay from when you flip the switch until the light comes on?<br /><br />Can you still catch a cold?<br /><br />thanks!

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

It's going to be 70*F here this weekend....sorry, just had to to that :D

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

One nice thing about when it drops below zero there is not as much fishing pressure. I went sunday when it was -11 and there were only three other people out instead of 50. Fish were biting and with the heater in the portable it was nice and warm. Add wind to the mix and it is bad. I would rather have -10 with no wind then +10 with the wind.

tcube

Petty Officer 1st Class

jtexas,<br /><br />Of course you can still "write your name in the snow." It's just more difficult to find your "pen." :D :D

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Originally posted by rodbolt:<br /> sorry guys<br /> I just dont see much difference from -56 or -3
rodbolt, I do.<br />At -3, I will still go skiing. Once it gets down to about -15 or lower, noooooooo goooooooo. Bundle up and stay warm nuemanns!<br /><br />AK Chappy

jimalsk

Petty Officer 2nd Class

10 above here with the wind at a constant 35-40 mph with gusts to 65mph. It's been blowing here since Sunday. Yesterday was worse 6 above 55-65 mph winds gusting to 80-85 mph. nuemanns glad to here it warmed up. -56 is cold. I'd much rather have the dead still cold than this wind chill. It seems to go right through a body.

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

jtexas, believe it or not there are virtues to "Dry cold", it always seems warmer after a good frost knocks the moisture out of the air. Lafgh if ya want but it's true.<br /><br />Write my name in the snow...Nah I gave up that childish behavior years ago, I let my wife sign my name for me now!! That and what tcube says...LOL<br /><br />River runner, aint that the truth. one saving grace is it was vary light on the wind's through our cold snap.<br /><br />Kelton, take your seventy degrees and $*^%$(&$<br /> :D I feel better now

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

Kelton, take your seventy degrees and $*^%$(&$<br />
ah....come on now neumanns....if you were down here I'd take you fishin'...(or shall I say catchin :D )<br /><br />me personally...if it gets below 40*...that's too dang cold....This fat boy don't like the cold! :D <br /><br />y'all stay bundled up and be safe...we want to hear from you in the spring!

silenscurator

Petty Officer 3rd Class

It's called Canada...hehehe I remember a winter survival trip i did, the one night it got so cold that i swear that if you took a leak, it'd freeze before it hit the tree. woke up in the mornin with icecles from the top of the tent, and gettin a fire goin was near impossible. but that was one of the most fun trips i've been on. how can that be? well, you learn the insulative purposes of an igloo. :D