FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I've got a 1984 50HP Force engine. When I'm in a turn, it will develop full power but when I straighten it out, the engine will bog down but not quit. Any idea what I can check that may cause this?
Check for pinched fuel line or rubbing plug wires.<br /> also check throttle reaction to turns.Check for loose insulation under the cover.See if it runs better with the cover off.
Welcome to the forum, Carpman.<br />The first thing that comes to my mind is the float adjustment in the carburetors(s). When you turn, it changes the fuel level in the float bowl. <br /><br />c/6<br /><br />Hooty
Also, you might check the float adjustment of the carburetor(s), If the level is low, the fuel could be moving away from the orficii (jets).<br /><br />c/6<br /><br />Hooty
I had the insulation in the cowling removed. The fuel line isn't pinched and the spark plug wires aren't rubbing either. How do I check the adjustment of the float in the float bowl and how do I adjust the float?<br /><br />Thanks for the replies!