5.7 VORTEC /EDELBROCK CARB QUESTION

newtoboat101

Chief Petty Officer
Switched from 5.0 lx with mechaical fuel pump with edelbrock 600 carb to a 5.7 vortec with electric fuel pump .With my original motor there is a vacuum hose from carb to mechanical fuel pump ,but with a electric fuel pump ,do i just plug the vacuum on carb or what should i do ?

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
no cap needed at the carb, its not a vac port. Just a port to the carb in case the mech pump failed

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Switched from 5.0 lx with mechaical fuel pump with edelbrock 600 carb to a 5.7 vortec with electric fuel pump .With my original motor there is a vacuum hose from carb to mechanical fuel pump ,but with a electric fuel pump ,do i just plug the vacuum on carb or what should i do ?
That hose went to the Bottom of the Fuel Pump, to reroute any fuel leakage from a ruptured Diaphragm in the Fuel Pump. On a car, if that Diaphragm ruptures, the gas pours on the ground, and while there is a Risk of Fire, it is less dangerous than in a Boat, where the fuel would remain in the Bilge. Just one of the examples of how Marine Parts are Not the Same as Auto Parts, and why