FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I just picked up a Voyeger a private label by Champion
There should be a tag on the outside portion of the mounting bracket.Number info can be found in Peter Hunns the old outboard book.We can help you identify.Other partsand info may be found at The Antique Outboard Motor Club. www.aomci.org
I have not compared them closely, but based on what I have seen, they do look a lot alike. Also, I have not had the opportunity to start working on this motor, but it looks to be fairly complete and I am certain it needs the basic work (carbs, etc).
Do you know of any sources for any particular parts? I am unable to work on it this week because of work, but look forward to diving deep into it next week. I would like to research/purchase any parts so they/I am ready to work on it next weekend.
Also, do you know of any carb parts (gaskets, etc) from other motors that will work for this motor?
The guys on the Ask A Member board at www.aomci.org should know of a parts source. I'd bet that carb kits aren't available, if they were ever offered. You can make/cut your own carb gaskets from gasket material purchased at auto parts stores. Very simple carbs, little to go wrong as long it's all there...probably needs a thorough cleaning though.